Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sim card ? after jailbreak

Default sim card ? after jailbreak
    Hello

i'm hoping someone can help me out this this. So last night i preform the jailbreak on my 2nd gen 8gb iphone, now this is my old iphone with my old sim card. I did everything just like it said and the it went perfect. But once i removed the old sim card and repleaced it with my new sim card from my 16gb 3g iphone it went to the screen with the usb cord and the disc on it. So i dont know what to do @ this point, with the old sim it fine i can veiw an make changes but with the new one nothin?

Thanks in Advance

That screen means your phone is in recovery mode. Just try again and follow this tutorial I made a little bit back and you shouldnt have any problem. Make sure you stay with the 2.2 baseband and read all of the instructions carefully...

IPhone 3G Unlock Guide - ModMyi - Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    That screen means your phone is in recovery mode. Just try again and follow this tutorial I made a little bit back and you shouldnt have any problem. Make sure you stay with the 2.2 baseband and read all of the instructions carefully...

IPhone 3G Unlock Guide - ModMyi - Wiki
    Thanks, but it the 2nd gen not the 3g iphone that i performed the jailbreak to.

I have another question if i go out an buy a "GO" phone and use the sim card from it on m "2nd gen iphone" will it work and will i be able to connect it to itunes?

Again i have 2 iphones and the 3g is NOT the one that has the jailbreak, cuz im not sure if something happen to it that Apple will find out.

Thanks Again

hello anyone?

if go out an buy a "GO" phone and use the sim card from it on m "2nd gen iphone" will it work and will i be able to connect it to itunes?
    you'll need a data plan or wifi
    Again i have 2 iphones and the 3g is NOT the one that has the jailbreak, cuz im
    not sure if something happen to it that Apple will find out
    The only way Apple could find out is if you told them or showed them your iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    you'll need a data plan or wifi

So get a 2nd phone wit a data plan then use that card on my old 2g iphone?

The only way Apple could find out is if you told them or showed them your iPhone
    ok, so if i bring it to them for a repair, can i just restore it back to origanl settin....or it that not possible?

correct just restore to a stock firmware before returning to Apple and your good to go... no worries

great thanks!

have fun with your jailbroken iPhone
    and Welcome to MMi