Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade to 2.2 and lose jailbroken phone?

Default upgrade to 2.2 and lose jailbroken phone?
    I'm jailbroken on 2.1 with a 1st gen iphone. I'm guessing there is no way to get to 2.2 yet still jailbroken?

I want the oregon trail game (gotta have 2.2)!

QuickPWN 2.2 for MAC and Windows have been released.

You can download it here (and get more info) Jailbreak iPhone 2.2 MAC

~Monica

will i lose all my current apps, settings, contacts, etc?

also, are there any step by step guides on how to do this (don't wanna mess it up)

thanks
    Last edited by lbjandai; 2009-03-13 at 09:20 AM.

You can upgrade to 2.21 and jailbrake there are LOTS of step by step guides around.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

correction: I have 2.2 (jailbroken), I need 2.2.1 (jailbroken). Do I still need to use the guide to jailbreak AGAIN?

install AptBackup from Cydia before you upgrade. You can download a custom firmware from HERE. Let us know how it goes for ya

just to confirm, I can use THIS Guide to get my phone up to 2.2.1?

You need to restore in iTunes to 2.21 then use that guide to Jailbrake.
    Obviously you will need the 2.21 ipsw rather than the 2.2 one in the guide and you will need a MAC running OSX (if you have 10.5.6 you will need to apply the fix) and you will need FireFox as stated in the guide.
    All your App store Apps will be restored but not Cydia apps - if you install AptBackup and run it, it will re install all your cydia apps (but you will lose all settings)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.