Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent help

Default Urgent help
    i cant find a help thread so i will post in the general forum.

a lot of people seem to have SIMILAR issues, not the same and no such remedy exists yet.

i have an iphone running 2.2.1 this morning it white-screened for no reason so i "reset" it by holding home and power buttons until it stopped, except where normally it should show the apple logo, it showed nothing.
    it wouldnt power up so i left it alone until the afternoon. i held the power button and to my surprise it booted, the apple logo showed and it went to the springboard, but it said i had less than 10 % battery and then died.

i went home and plugged it in and left it there for hours, it still wont boot up but when i connected it to itunes it said it couldnt contact the update server, so i put it in DFU and it recognised but it would restore. error code 1011
    no images, not even a black screen thats backlit. nothing whatsoever.

any help? going to apple is not an option i bought my phone off a friend and have no warranty. besides jailbreaking voids it.

much appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Just keep putting it in DFU Mode and restoring it... nothing should have happened to the hardware and technically you should be able to restore it. I've gotten error messages when restoring, after a couple tries it's finally worked. Scared me tho :P

it goes through the entire process then exits on an error 1011.

reboot and ****. nothing. ive done it dozens of times.

anything else?

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

What program are you jailbreaking with?

Gives thanks...Do you?

i used quickpwn. but that doesnt matter it didnt happen during a jailbreak. it happen while i was at class and for no reason.

i keep trying to restore and i get error 1011, if i immediately try and restore right after that without exiting itunes it immediatey gives error 13

it goes from restoring to verifying to to restoring, gives me an error and ****.

quickpwn doesnt recognise it and neither does ibrickr (trying to force a boot)

Posting a thread with a title 'Urgent Help' almost made me ignore it completely.
    Have you searched for anything? Have you seen http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...or-1011-a.html ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

do i need to say AGAIN that it wont restore?

i guess i should be more clear. the restore is a success but does not fix my problem. no the screen isnt broken

bump
    Last edited by beef9205; 2009-03-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost