Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2.1 Question, Please Help

Default 2.2.1 Question, Please Help
    I have an unlocked iPhone 3G 8GB. I have not updated to 2.2.1 I want to sell it ASAP but dont know how to wipe it without restoring it. This will update to 2.2.1 and we all know yellowsn0w doesnt work for this! Is there anyway I can wipe ALL my data without doing a restore?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

If you hit Shift+Restore, you can select a different firmware to restore to. You have to download it from somewhere tho. I suggest BigBoss's site. I *think* it's thebigboss.org.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SharpieBandit For This Useful Post:

Meanmarine (2009-03-11)

Thanks

Just download the Apple 2.2 Stock IPSW and shift+click restore to that and set 'er up as a new phone. This will retain your baseband and everything so you're still good to go.

EDIT: Apparently Bandit beat me to it.
    Respect your elders.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

Meanmarine (2009-03-11)

Thanks appreciate it.

BTW I'm selling it for anyone who is interested. Unlocked running 2.2 with all data wiped. Phone was slightly used for 2 weeks only has not one single scratch on the screen. Willing to send pics to anyone thats interested. Since there is a high demand of the phones and not a big supply due to the 2.2.1 update, I want 700 USD for it. PM or reply

I was going to say why not download it from this site - but they seem to have everything EXCEPT 2.20!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.