Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered ipod touch 2g jailbreak!

Default Untethered ipod touch 2g jailbreak!
    EDIT: While I slept, the devteam and chronic both released their untethered solutions (free of charge of course). I do not recommend buying this, just head on over to iPod touch Fans and follow the guides there.

VIDEO PROOF:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQyZqAN6iI[/ame]

I would generally discuss this over at ipodtouchfans.com, however, they're censoring any information regarding this jailbreak with the new (created two minutes after this was announced) rule that you will be banned if you talk about commercial software unlocks...

Anyways, the iPod touch 2g has been lacking an untethered solution for jailbreaking until recently. If you've been following the progress, there has been many advances from the dev team, but they're not going to release an untethered until the new rumored iphone comes out.

In any case, a company named NitroKey came out with a software to get it to work named SlipStream. This software works like a charm! I bought it and jailbroke my touch 2g today. The software works like many automated softwares, making a custom IPSW and making you restore it with iTunes. After which, the jailbreak takes full effect (you no longer are tethered to a computer, or a dongle for that matter).

It's awesome. I can vouch for it, it completely works .
    NitroKey's software: NitroKey

It runs at $15.
    Last edited by smarttart62; 2009-03-11 at 04:13 PM.

make sure you keep a copy of this!!!!

this company is going to be taken down within days... i guarantee

after they are we can explore their program to find the bootloader exploit and have the untethered version

dont post it anywhere here tho

Essentially I hear that the dev team has the exploit but is keeping it a secret so that the new iPhone is likely to be compatible.

But it works anyways! And yes, I'll never delete my copy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smarttart62 View Post
    Essentially I hear that the dev team has the exploit but is keeping it a secret so that the new iPhone is likely to be compatible.

But it works anyways! And yes, I'll never delete my copy lol.
    I've searched Google but have not found any solid proof that this works. I'd gladly invest the $15 US for this product.

I'm uploading a video as proof . Just a minute...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smarttart62 View Post
    I'm uploading a video as proof . Just a minute...
    Hurry Up!

Just noticed it's only been about 15 minutes since you posted that. Sorry

Horrible quality:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQyZqAN6iI]YouTube - iPod Touch 2g Untethered Unlock (NitroKey)[/ame]

Warez not allowed.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-03-11 at 04:25 AM.

Yeah, i really want this

PMed also.. thanks.

| iPTBoard | My Site | ThemeDB | iCrap

Dude, this is AWESOME!
    Warez not allowed.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-03-11 at 04:25 AM.

Or buy it. We do not allow warez/cracked apps or discussion of such.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Don't worry about it Musclenerd just released a patch for xpwn/pwnagetool so you can have an untethered jailbreak for free!!!

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155770]The 24kpwn LLB patch...aka untethered - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

This is some w*nker releasing the Dev Team's work and passing it off as their own and charging for it.

The reason the Dev Yeam were holding off releasing this is because they didn't want Apple finding out how they did it and cosing the loophole.

Now this has been released the Dev Team have released it for free and all is iPhone users will be well and truly buggered when the new one comes out.

Thanks a bunch guys.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.