Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to unlock 2g OTB unactivated

Default Need to unlock 2g OTB unactivated
    I got a 2G unactivated phone, its OTB never used, but i dont know when it was bought, so i cant even asume the firmware, is there any way to find out the firmware so i would be able to unlock it. I have looked around for an answer and the only thing i found is to use winpwn, i still dont know which one caus ei dont know the firmware... help

Best thing to do is restore/upgrade it in itunes so you know your on the newest FW. Which is still unlockable on a 2g so your fine.

The problem is it doesnt have a sim card, so i tunes gives me a msg that i need to put a sim in, i used my roommates att card but it only gives me an option to activate, if i cancel it there is no restore/upgrade option, just a blank screen, and eject option.

I even got a sim card too from my old att account so im not getting the error msg! Anyway there has to be a way of finding out the firmware or the way to unlock unactivated phone. Any suggestions... Thank you guys
    Last edited by digidice; 2009-03-10 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you place the phone into DFU mode first, Itunes should allow the upgrade.