Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with restoring software

Cool Problems with restoring software
    Hey folks,

So my iPhone froze at the boot screen and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. I even tried calling the useless tech support and nothing.

It's jailbroken and I don't want to send it in to the company because that might void the warranty. They sent me a new one in the meantime, so I just wanna reset my jailbroken one and sent it back to them.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've Googled and have only found things I've already tried and were unsuccessful and attempting.

Now the USB detects it which is great, but I get an error message each time I try to restore it through iTunes.

This is very frustrating because I wanted to restore it prior to sending it back to Apple. I have a new one in the meantime, but I would rather not them knowing I jailbroke it.

Any help would be awesome. I've searched everywhere online for a solution, but nothing works so far.

When I boot up the phone, I first get the pineapple logo for a few seconds here:

Then I get the Steve Jobs cartoon on the screen here:

I get the phone in DFU mode and iTunes detects it here...

I then agree to restore and update here...

Looks good so far......it looks to be restoring in iTunes.....

......and on the actual iPhone here.....

Oh, but wait......oh here is the error message that occurs each and every time...

That's where I am now.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ive seen this before and as far as I know...there is no way to kick it out.

Try another computer.
    It might just work
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I can try on another computer, but I doubt that's the problem since I use the same computer to sync/update my working iPhone. I've also tried reinstalled iTunes as well.

I really hope I can fix this.....dangit.

I would try to delete iphone software updates&whatever is in there on itunes folder 1st,
    Try to uninstall itunes&its all component on the computer&re-instal it 2nd
    If it does not solve,try on different computer 3rd...