Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 WITHOUT downgrading and upgrading

Default How to upgrade from ANY firmware below 1.1.4 to 1.1.4 WITHOUT downgrading in 4 steps
    1. Open iTunes it doesnt matter if its 7.6.1
    2. Grab 1.1.4 here then click SHIFT restore for windows or ALT Restore for mac and find where it got downloaded to and select it and it should Restore to 1.1.4
    3.After its done open ZiPhone download here
    4. open ZiPhone and select Jailbreak and activate IF its on IPSF....OR select "DO IT ALL" if its not unlocked or unlocked with anySIM.

Thats it!

Oh, the main reason I wrote this lol :P is what is this theme (I knew i shouldn't post in the wrong place so i also made a guide for you all :P ) it looks sik
    Last edited by bilsta57; 2008-03-08 at 03:44 AM.
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

hey.
    i followed all the steps.
    now my phone will not connect to my computer.
    the itunes and ipod on my phone will not open.
    my camera pictures will not browse in the Photos.

how can i fix it?!?!

Default Reply
    RESTORE dont Upgrade and try again ... the only reason I did this guide was to find out what that theme was try just ticking ONLY jailbreak and activate in the advanced tab if you used IPSF or click DO IT ALL if you unlocked with anySIM or its not unlocked at all

EDIT*: I actually used iDemocracy 3 for mac not ZiPhone...To be honest ID3 for mac is the best program i have ever! used Its not currently out yet im beta testing it but once it comes out everyone is going to be impressed
    Last edited by bilsta57; 2008-03-07 at 02:04 AM.

Hi Bilsta, sorry to bother you but you seem to know what you're doing and you're online and I need some help.

I have a problem where whenever I bring up the keyboard from SMS or notepad to key in alphabets, the top row (ie. qwertyuiop) doesn't respond to the key touches but all other alphabets work. I can use the calculator no problem so I konw it's not the hardware. I then upgraded to 114 from 112 using ziphone as I thought that would solve the problem. no luck as it's still not responding. PLEASE KINDLY HELP!

thanks in advance, aj
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-03-06 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This isn't ZiPhones fault. DO NOT upgrade to 1.1.4, RESTORE to 1.1.4, if you upgrade your bootloader and baseband will be updated to the latest versions. There is no reason to do this and may only cause future problems.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

ok, thanks eurisko, I'll try to restore. do I do restore on ziphone or in itunes? sorry to bother you but I'm new to this and it's driving me crazy on not being able to type the top rows on the keypad.

thanks..aj

Thanks

Download the 1.1.4 firmware through iTunes (download but don't install option). The Option-Click (Mac) or Shift-Click (PC) on the Restore button. This will pull up a browser window, select the 1.1.4 firmware file and restore. Then run Ziphone afterwards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

bilsta57 (2008-03-07)

ok, will do thanks. when I'm in Ziphone, which button should I click onto? 'DO IT ALL' button? sorry for asking so many questions.

sorry, one last thing. I tried to restore as you said but I can't find the firmware 114 in my browser!? which file do you think it would be placed in?

Also, my itunes for some reason when I cilck 'restore' button, it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. I don't konw what's going on ....PLEAES HELP!!~

MANY thanks in advance...aj
    Last edited by ajyee88; 2008-03-06 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajyee88 View Post
    ok, will do thanks. when I'm in Ziphone, which button should I click onto? 'DO IT ALL' button? sorry for asking so many questions.

sorry, one last thing. I tried to restore as you said but I can't find the firmware 114 in my browser!? which file do you think it would be placed in?

Also, my itunes for some reason when I cilck 'restore' button, it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. I don't konw what's going on ....PLEAES HELP!!~

MANY thanks in advance...aj
    If your phone was unlocked via AnySIm then yes, use "Do it all", if your phone was unlocked using IPSF, use "Don't unlock". And you need to SHIFT-click on Restore.

On a Mac the firmwares are stored in ~/Library/iTunes/Firmwares

On a PC it's likely Program Files -> iTunes -> Firmwares, but do a search to be sure.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-03-06 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@Eurisko: My bad I forgot to put Restore NOT Upgrade Thanks for that !

i have the same problem. when i shift+restore, it defaults to my created iphone file, no 1.1.4 in it. i searcehed, no 1.1.4. i went to programs itunes. no firmwares nor 1.1.4 anywhere. does anyone know where itunes downloads firmwares too?

For all of you having problems with finding where the firmware got downloaded to..... here is where it should have downloaded to.... For mac it gets stored in /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

and for windows its CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.Resources
    For me its name was: Recovery.ipsw
    Last edited by bilsta57; 2008-03-07 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks for this guide...simple, straightforward.

Question...I have 1.1.1 Jailbroke and I'm on AT+T...if I do this, this will upgrade my baseband, but that won't hurt anything since I'm on AT+T correct?

Also, what is IPSF???

Thanks!

If your on AT&T your pretty much indestructible lol..... so with this guide when you go to jailbreak with ZiPhone you would need to go Advanced and untick everything exept jailbreak cause you can activate yourself without patching the lockdown.... and your on AT&T so you don't need to unlock ..... IPSF is short for iPhoneSimFree

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    If your on AT&T your pretty much indestructible lol..... so with this guide when you go to jailbreak with ZiPhone you would need to go Advanced and untick everything exept jailbreak cause you can activate yourself without patching the lockdown.... and your on AT&T so you don't need to unlock ..... IPSF is short for iPhoneSimFree
    Ok...but for step 2, I still need to use the RESTORE function instead of the UPGRADE, correct? Thanks!

Brian

Well according to Eurisko... and I strongly! agree yes, ZiPhone works much better when you restore instead of upgrade . Even when your on AT&T or O2 UK

many thanks everyone. However, I'm still having the following problems:

1. I still can't locate the firmware even after doing search.

2. As a background, I bought the iphone in the US (v112) and had it cracked overseas but don't know what he used to crack it with. Not knowing this, I went and upgraded to 114 via itunes ('cuz reading about how great it was and with the current problem that I have, I thought it was the best thing to do to try and solve it) and then I used ziphone and did the 'do it all' function. Still no luck. Should I try 'refurbish' and then 'do it all' function?

3. Now, I am trying to hit restore from the itunes, it gives me an error message that states "itunes can not contact the iphone software update because i don't have internet connection". I have internet connection so don't know why it's doingthis now. I can sync properly though.

Now that I'm thoroughly fustrated...PLEASE HELP AN IDIOT LIKE ME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! Sorry for all these questions but really need your help. ...anyone!

aj

I've upgraded to 1.14 with ZiPhone 2.5c everything is working fine but I've noticed that sometimes persons cannot hear me. What's the problem? anyone know?

just wondering, on one computer i have the latest itunes, and i cannot find the recovery.ipsw anywhere, on my other comp, i have itunes 7.5 and voila its right there in the resources file. so, for anyone else having trouble, go back to itunes 7.5, might help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krousnik View Post
    I've upgraded to 1.14 with ZiPhone 2.5c everything is working fine but I've noticed that sometimes persons cannot hear me. What's the problem? anyone know?
    Speak louder!

Seriously though. I've never encountered intermittent problems after using Ziphone, it either works or it doesn't. Sounds more like a problem with your carrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast