Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going To Buy An Unlocked Iphone 3G

Default Going To Buy An Unlocked Iphone 3G
    Hi,

Going to buy an unlocked 3g Iphone since my career network is not AT&T.
    I have a doubt and my question is:
    If the phone is already unlocked, can I jailbreak it??
    or Unlocked and jailbreak is the same stuff?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just learning

Thanks in advance!!

No they are not the same thing. If it is factory unlocked, which I doubt since those are super expensive, then you can still jailbreak it, just use Quickpwn.

If someone manually unlocked it with yellowsn0w, then it would already be jailbroken.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

Pochoco (2009-03-08)

The third method of 'unlocking' is a piggyback SIM which are notoriously unreliable.

You are far better off buying a 3G locked to AT&T and unlocking it yourself using YellowSn0w.

Which network do you want to use it on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Pochoco (2009-03-08)

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The third method of 'unlocking' is a piggyback SIM which are notoriously unreliable.

You are far better off buying a 3G locked to AT&T and unlocking it yourself using YellowSn0w.

Which network do you want to use it on?
    I have T-Mobile, look like I'm going to follow your recommendation. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Pochoco; 2009-03-08 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You do know that it will not work on 3G in the USA?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

You do know that it will not work on 3G in the USA?
    Yes I know, I'm going to change to a network that have 3G. I don't live in the continental USA.

It works finr with T-Mobile in Europe

Alright!! Already got a Iphone 3G locked to AT&T on ebay, so in a few days I should receive it. In the meantime going to read and read so I can learn how to unlocked and jailbreak.

I still a little confused.........So YellowSnow is the correct way to go, right?

I'm having some problems here with the search button, can somebody please send me some links of tutorials to found the correct way?

Thanks!!

What FW is it on?

What FW is it on?
    Don't know.....so I will have to wait until receive it to let you know. Thanks!

I hope it's not 2.21!
    It needs to be on 2.20 to use YellowSn0w - if it's on less than 2.20 you can upgrade to 2.20 and unlock. If it's on 2.21 with BB 2.30.03 you can not unlock.

I hope it's not 2.21!
    It needs to be on 2.20 to use YellowSn0w - if it's on less than 2.20 you can upgrade to 2.20 and unlock. If it's on 2.21 with BB 2.30.03 you can not unlock.
    The phone is brand new, never opened and manufacturer number is 3210218. With this information, any idea what FW could be?

AFAIK all apple iPhone 3G start MB ...
    The only ref I can find to the part number you are quoting is in adverts. But it probably makes no difference. The FW will depend on when it was made - The only way to find out is to have a look when you get it or ask the seller.