Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring and upgrading to 2.2.1

Default Restoring and upgrading to 2.2.1
    I just had a couple of questions, I was wondering if I was to restore, do I lose all my hacked apps I d/led from computer and ringtones and everything? Like I jsut want to know what I would lose if I had to restore because I have to bring my phone to apple store since my battery dies fast. Also, I wanted to know what would happen with contacts, they wouldn't get deleted right?

And if I just upgraded to 2.2.1 now, would i lose all my files just as if I to restore, would that be as good as a restore so i could bring it to apple?

Should my steps be to restore, upgrade to 2.2.1 then take to apple then jailbreak?
    Last edited by makaveli1212; 2009-03-03 at 07:45 AM.

Well iTunes automatically backs up Apps that you got from the App Store, Music, Movies, Photos, etc. If you want to backup Cydia apps, download AptBackup and click backup. Then back up the phone in iTunes. If you are talking about other types of apps, we aren't supposed to talk about those. But in short, if you restore, the phone will be just like how it was OTB.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Well iTunes automatically backs up Apps that you got from the App Store, Music, Movies, Photos, etc. If you want to backup Cydia apps, download AptBackup and click backup. Then back up the phone in iTunes. If you are talking about other types of apps, we aren't supposed to talk about those. But in short, if you restore, the phone will be just like how it was OTB.
    but so can I just upgrade to 2.2.1 instead of restoring or should I restore then upgrade to 2.2.1? I have to bring it to apple store.
    Like I have the **** downloaded from Cydia written down so I don't mind redownloading them.

Also: after restore, will my contacts still be in my sim card so I can re sync them?

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1212 View Post
    but so can I just upgrade to 2.2.1 instead of restoring or should I restore then upgrade to 2.2.1? I have to bring it to apple store.
    Like I have the **** downloaded from Cydia written down so I don't mind redownloading them.

Also: after restore, will my contacts still be in my sim card so I can re sync them?
    I'm pretty sure that you can just update and your contacts will not be touched, since they are on the SIM card, not the phone.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

alright thanks, ill just update it and taker to the apple store.