Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: repair needed

Default repair needed
    sorry to start a new thread and i have been reading on this but... i got the dreded "repair needed-iPhone cannot make or receive phone calls" popup.

it seems there are several solutions but it looks like for most part, people say it is a hard ware problem and everyone has a different reason why theirs went into repair needed mode.

My phone was working fine.
    Unlocked (T/M) and jailbroken.
    i have a 2g 1.1.3 (4a96) no modem firmware showing now, serial rwh8 and i think mine came with version 1.1.3.

my wife did drop the phone yesterday and it was working except there was no volume except for using the ear buds.

as of now, I can charge the phone and itunes sees the phone.
    I suppose i can try the restore but it would seem that a lot of people say not to use itunes and to use another route like applying a saved filmware via itunes.
    i will do some more reading later but any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lm921 View Post
    sorry to start a new thread and i have been reading on this but... i got the dreded "repair needed-iPhone cannot make or receive phone calls" popup.

it seems there are several solutions but it looks like for most part, people say it is a hard ware problem and everyone has a different reason why theirs went into repair needed mode.

My phone was working fine.
    Unlocked (T/M) and jailbroken.
    i have a 2g 1.1.3 (4a96) no modem firmware showing now, serial rwh8 and i think mine came with version 1.1.3.

my wife did drop the phone yesterday and it was working except there was no volume except for using the ear buds.

as of now, I can charge the phone and itunes sees the phone.
    I suppose i can try the restore but it would seem that a lot of people say not to use itunes and to use another route like applying a saved filmware via itunes.
    i will do some more reading later but any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Just FYI,
    I got the phone restored with Quickpwn,to 2.2 with a MF of 04.05.04, jailbroken and unlocked, everything but the wifi and bluetooth is working.
    I tried to using quickpwn again and up graded to 2.2.1 and still no wifi, so i install 2.2 again and still no luck.
    Now i am stuck on what to do.
    any advice?

Are you still getting the error msg? Because, as you read...that is usually always a hardware issue.

after much reading and reflashing my phone i decided it is a hard ware problem.
    i even reinstalled itunes 7.5 downgraded to 1.1.4 and then run the ziphone program which left me a baseband of 04.04.05 and then rejailed breaked it.
    the volume did come back but no mater what else i did i never got back the wifi and bluetooth.
    however i could make and receive calls ok.
    its now back at 2.2 (5g77) and 04.05.04 now, unlock/jailbroken. i guess i will restore it in itunes and mail it back to them for a repair
    I wonder what that is going to cost me?

Well, you can check somewhere on Apple's website to see if your phone is still under warranty. If it is...then nothing.

If its not, if they will do anything, it would be considered an "out of warranty exchange" for $200.

i already read that on their web site.
    that kinda sucks since a can get a unlock phone for under 200 and most likley sell mine for parts to make up for the 200, i bet i can get over 100 on ebay LOL
    O well, crap happens