Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do the turbosims really work to unlock 3G 2.2.1 with basebamd 2.30??

Default Do the turbosims really work to unlock 3G 2.2.1 with basebamd 2.30??
    I know quickpwn and etc done work but do these turbo sims work?
    Or are they a scam?

for example:
    2.2 FIRMWARE New Unlock iPhone 3G Turbo Sim Card No CUT - eBay (item 270349628612 end time Mar-26-09 15:15:03 PDT)

and with those can we still download cydia and **********?

any help appreciated!

im running my 2.2.1 3G on turboSIM from ebay. works just like a soft unlock would; turboSIM fools your phone into thinking that youre using ATT, has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Cydia works, syncing works. only sometimes when youre in a no signal area u may have to remove the SIM and reset it in another phone. -Not perfect, but works for those with 2.2.1

Ok cool i mean i have a 3g and im on att i just want to be able to use cydia and i know there is no software unlock for 2.2.1 on the 2.30 baseband. So i just buy the turbosim,insert and then how do i get cydia, using quickpwn? Please let me know thans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat0699 View Post
    Ok cool i mean i have a 3g and im on att i just want to be able to use cydia and i know there is no software unlock for 2.2.1 on the 2.30 baseband. So i just buy the turbosim,insert and then how do i get cydia, using quickpwn? Please let me know thans!!
    Nope. no need to buy a sim adapter. Just use quick pwnd and you are done.

Yeah, but it doesnt work for baseband 2.30, i guess i just have to wait it out right?

i thought you could jailbreak and just not unlock with it? I am not sure. I use a 2g

heres the deal. you can easily jailbreak iphone 2.2.1 with quickpwn. The only problem is, you cant unlock the iphone on 2.2.1 and use it with another carrier. the turbo sim is only to unlock it for use with another carrier. since your on ATT, you can still jailbreak it fine

They do work more or less. Depends on which one you get. I have get mine from Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 and so far had good experience with it. I have had some minor problems but solved that with the help from the seller.

Hi!

I'm trying to decide which of these TurboSIM style cards to buy. A while back I came across an online review which compared the different types...but can I find it again? Of course not. :-)

Has anyone come across such a review they could post the link to? I tried various Googles without success.

And as a side query - are these things designed for specific territories?

i.e; as I'm in the UK would I need to buy a TurboSIM that fooled the network into thinking my T-Mobile SIM was actually O2 (the offical UK iPhone carrier) - or do they not work like that?

Cheers,

Steve