Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new here.. need help jailbreaking iphone??

Default new here.. need help jailbreaking iphone??
    im using mac osx leopord. i have the iphone(2.2.1) not the 3g, so i downloaded quickpwn 2.2. AND I FALLOWED THE STEPS AND NOW IM STUCK IN THE STEP, WHERE IT SAYS THAT QUICKPWN IS GOING TO RUN YOU IPHONE(SEEMS LIKE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING,I CLICK THE LOGAND IT SAYS Successfully built Quickpwn Ramdisk file)., SHOULD I DOWNLOAD PWNTOOL????WHAT IM I DOING WRONG??

Quickpwn doesnt tell you when its done, or does anything. Your iphone reboots and poof...its jailbroken. You should have Cydia installed....if you picked it from the options.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

mac leopard with new update? didnt that stop dfu mode? so quickpwn and pwnage tool wont work now

^I was assuming DFU worked because he stated it built the ramdisk file. Which happens after DFU starts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

good point. i remember having the same problem and couldnt fix it. i ended up going to a windows. but it only built the file it didnt upload it yet. usually quickpwn will tell you when uploading the new ramdisk because the picture comes up on the iphone right?

still again he can just fix it if he upgraded

Use quickpwn 2.2.5(not 2.2) for 2.2.1 fw...