Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Upgrading
    Just some quick info:

iPhone 3G
    Vista
    QuickPwn

I'm on 2.2 and I had no desire to upgrade since 2.2.1 had nothing that benefitted me except better stability in Safari. Well, something went wrong and now so many vids that used to work in YouTube don't any more.

My dad had the old 4GB iPhone and I jailbroke it; I'm not sure which version it was. But when he upgraded, he lost everything (duh). I never re-jailbroke his phone. I bought my 3G and very soon after the upgrade to 2.2 came out. I didn't jailbreak mine until after that. This will be my first upgrade since my phone's been jailbroken, so I'm not really sure how it works.

I just want to restore and upgrade. I'm hoping that will fix any of the problems I'm having. Then I want to upgrade to 2.2.1. I realize I'll lose everything, but I can just install them again. My question is, for the apps I bought (like iReal, Snapture, AdBlock, etc.) will I be able to install them again and get the full version again since I already paid for them the first time. If I can, I'll go ahead and upgrade to 2.2.1 and just re-jailbreak my phone.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

well im not sure what you did to make things go wacky but if you upgrade as long as you have the serials that came with the apps you will be fine..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    well im not sure what you did to make things go wacky but if you upgrade as long as you have the serials that came with the apps you will be fine..
    ??? For all the apps that I bought, I just paid for them and then activated them. I didn't have to remember anything or put in any codes (except, I think for AdBlock).

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they do it by the serial number of the phone. So when you reinstall it should be the full version. If not I'm sure you can find support for the application from the developers websites.

for example: iRealSMS-iRealSMS - landscape SMS on your iPhone - Support/Contact

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

if you bought irealsms it should have emailed you a serial number

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

All my serial numbers were emailed to me by the Devs when I purchased the apps. You should be fine...

Thanks

I don't know if I got the emails, and if I did, they're mixed in with tons of other emails.

But I'm really going to need all that to get full versions again? I didn't have to put any numbers in or anything. I just paid for the apps and they worked. DX

Did you click on the link posted in #4 above? Do you want someone else to do all the work for you?
    Each app is different. If you are unsure, check their support sites.
    If you get codes emailed to you don't you store them somewhere safe? If you don't get codes then chances are you don't need them. We could check each of your apps for you but, personally, I can't be arsed.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.