Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I unlock my phone on baseband 02.30.03?

Default Can I unlock my phone on baseband 02.30.03?
    Hi,
    I just bought an ihone 3g on 02 in UK. It was alreday updated to the latest firmware 2.2.1
    and I went ahead and jail broke the device , it's Jailbroken fine.

But now I'd like to unlock the phone too and I notice that in order to do this your supposed to be on baseband 02.28.00, is this right or can I still unlock on my current baseband 02.30.03? If I can't then how will I now be able to unlock?

Many thanks for any help

Thanks

No you can not unlock baseband 2.30.03 yet.

So is that it am I screwed? Can I downgrade my current firmware to a different baseband?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

There is not a way to downgrade the baseband once it is upgraded. you will probably have to wait until the dev team unlocks the current baseband.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Thanks

Sry...You can not downgrade the baseband.

Here's the thing I was all set to take the phone back to apple because of the wifi not working properly so I did a full restore which was all fine. But for some reason the carrier text/icon has remained how I had it in it's unlocked state 'Cracked" I need it to say 02 to be able to return it without any suspicion. Like I say the phone is Jailbroken so is there a way I can revert the carrier sign back to it's O2 state? I seem to remember an having extra settings when it was unlocked where by I could change the time string and the carrier text. Where would I find those? I can't seem to see them on Cydia anymore, infact I have far less options of anything on Cydia now.

Please help me, I am dying here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Turbo & Rebel SIM will allow 3rd party carriers. An added expense, but it's better than using your phone as an iPod

Thanks

When you restored in itunes you set the phone up from a backup....that is why your carrier stayed what you had changed it to.

Hi Guys, Firstly thanks for all your responses I really appreciate your time.

I ve since got extended preferences via winterboard changed the carrieer icon back and restored the phone. It's back to its standard 02 from the shop settings.

Now I am booked into my local genius bar at the apple shop tomorrow, I've spoken to them and they've encountered issues with wifi going wrong so hopefully they'll just exchange my phone. If they do I am going to insist they don't upgrade the firmware in store, citing the new update as a possible candidate for the wifi not working, they should be fine don't you reckon. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Apple gave a me a new handset and I am all back to jailbroken, unlocked normality and I am on 2.2.1 !

Thanks for all your help guys.

By the way the guy at the Apple shop claimed quite a few people had been in before with this problem. So is there an official fault with some iphones?