Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2

Question Downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2
    I'm trying to downgrade my phone back to 2.2 from 2.2.1 and I know the baseband change, but I'm with AT&T so I dont care for unlocking, but jailbreaking is a must.

Thank you.

Then why dont you just jailbreak 2.2.1?

I tried to downgrade back to 2.2 and it seems to work fine, but not I cant seem to get any service.

you should have stayed with 2.2.1 and jailbroken it.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

LandmineGT (2009-02-27)

Your not getting service because you DIDNT downgrade just fine.

The baseband has been updated....you cant downgrade because the baseband wont match the firmware. Which means no service.

You gotta stick with 2.2.1 now. But you can still jailbreak it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

LandmineGT (2009-02-27)

Maybe I misunderstood something about 2.2.1 after updating I was unable to get alerts of text messages and voice mails.

Pretty much for me to see I for a text I'd have to open the 'Text Icon' to see the new messages.

Then you were just having issues.

You shouldnt even notice a difference between 2.2 and 2.2.1....really. So whatever caused that wasnt a firmware update.

cpjr thank you so much for you're help. I've never seem a forum thread move this fast. I'm upgrading back to 2.2.1 so my firmware matches the baseband and I can get services again.

If I continue to have these issues I'll make a thread for it. Thanks again for the quick help.

You should be fine. After the upgrade check everything out.....then jailbreak. Which is the same as before you'll just need the newest version of Pwnage or quickpwn (whatever you use).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

LandmineGT (2009-02-27)