Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Iphone - skip activation?

Default New Iphone - skip activation?
    I had a 2g iphone from my friend , it had dead pixels on the screen i sent it to apple they sent me a new (referb) and i cant do anything with it because i have verizon for another year.

when i plug it in the computer and open itunes the only option is to signup with at&t and activate it

anyway Can I 'activate' it without signing up for at&t?
    i'd like to just jailbreak it for now so i can at least use it like i was using my friends 'broken' one,the other issue since it is not activated i dont know what version fw it is running to force update it from quickpwn..or whatever.. i told apple my whole story how i dont want at&t, and they did not mention this whole activating thing.. so am i screwed? should i just sell it?

thanks,
    sean
    Last edited by seanl9941; 2009-02-25 at 12:07 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if its a 1st gen model. just quikpwn it. wen u connect it to itune it should tell you what version it is anyway.

if its a 2nd gen lets hope its 2.2
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

cant tell 1st gen to 2nd gen i guess - its the 8gb model number - a1203

its the 2nd gen from what i have researched - and if it is, how do i see if its 2.2,

this is a referb from apple - you think apple keeps there backstock up to date?

and i i 'hope' its 2.2 its more of a guess and i quickpwn it.. can i even do that if its not 'activated'? is it reversable if it gets bricked..just doing the research right now

thanks

Success! jailbroke to 2.0.2 then updated via itunes to 2.2.1 then quickpwn'd to 2.2.1 so everything is 100% working - sweet - peace out now i just gotta figure out cydia.

sean
    Last edited by seanl9941; 2009-02-25 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost