Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: really urgent question about syncing contacts after jailbreaking

Default really urgent question about syncing contacts after jailbreaking
    bacislly i used winpwn to jailbreak my Iphone everything went fine. everything was working great until i went to sync my contacts and my apps and my music and photos. it gave me an error message stating that the firmware was too old. i needed to set it up as a new iphone first and then sync. if i update the firmware it will unjailbreak it correct? and if so is there anyway around this? please help? thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

If you update your iphone and then jailbrak it your app store apps will all be there and so will all your contacts. You will loose all of the 3rd party apps installed through cydia or installer. And those are the only apps your need to re-install after upgrading then jailbreaking.

Try to use AptBackup for cydia apps before the jailbreak.Then use it again to get them back...

easy as pie

It's not the apps I'm worried about it's my contacts. I backed up everything right before using winpwn and after I jailbroke my iPhone I didn't have any of my app store apps or my contacts. Or anything for that matter. After u jailbreak it are ur apps and contacts still gonna be there? I tried to sycn my backup with iTunes after jailbreakin and it wouldn't let me. Told me firmware was to old that I needed to update. So I did. And it got rid of cydia and installer and winterboard. Pretty much unjailbroke it. Thanks for the responding. I feel like i'm missin something tho.

can you re-sync your contacts from windows address book? (assuming your a windows user) Im always safe in the knowledge that no matter how much I muck up my phone, windows address book will always hold the most important info for me, the contacts