Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a bit confused ...

Default Just a bit confused ...
    I'm running on a 2G iphone, unlocked & jailbreaked until last night when I did the 2.2 update. After a successful upgrade my phone was in full service, I thought I would have to use unlock or jailbreak again but it works fine, even better now.

I read that I was suppose to use QuickPwn after upgrading but I didn't because my phone seems to be fully functional. However my cydia, bootneuter and installer icons are gone, if I use Quickpwn now, will the applications return?

Does this also mean that my iphone is locked again even though the itunes did not prompt me to register my phone? Or is my iphone still unlocked but the cydia icon has just disappeared and there may be a way to get it back?

Thanks

If you restored it in itunes then you should not be unlocked and you arent jailbroken.

To jailbtlreak and unlock run quickpwn and rejailbreak. Make sure you neuter the bootloader. It will request that you locate the bootloader files.... Do some searching for them. They are v3.9 and v4.6

Thanks for clearing that up

At this time I'm not really interested anymore in jailbreaking my phone but keeping it unlocked is more important.

How is it that my iphone is running in full service if after the upgrade in itunes, it didn't lock my phone? Itunes didn't prompt me to register my phone which makes me think my iphone is still unlocked

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penance View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up

At this time I'm not really interested anymore in jailbreaking my phone but keeping it unlocked is more important.

How is it that my iphone is running in full service if after the upgrade in itunes, it didn't lock my phone? Itunes didn't prompt me to register my phone which makes me think my iphone is still unlocked
    if uv registered it once before it wont need registering.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I know my phone isn't registered, I think this must be a weird glitch ever since my phone got in contact with water. I believe if my phone was not registered and locked through iTunes after the upgrade then it wouldn't be fully functional, it should be locked. It's a bit confusing but this works for me if my phone is currently unlocked