Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can anyone help me please?

Default Can anyone help me please?
    Hello everyone,

I am hoping that one/some of you intelligent people might be able to help.

Some time ago I jailbroke and unlocked my son's first gen iphone using iLibertyX.

As time has gone on I am getting a little tired of having an old version of iTunes running on my macbook and I would also like to be able to download apps etc to his iPhone.

The iPhone software version is 1.1.4 and iTunes is 7.6.2.

Am I best to just leave it and allow him to enjoy using an unlocked iPhone or can I upgrade with some confidence? I have been looking at QuickPwn and this looks excellent but I would hate to mess everything up.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mate, you can upgrade no worries with Qpwn, very easy to follow instructions you will not have any problems what so ever.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

Gra (2009-02-20)

Thanks

Yep, you can upgrade all the way to 2.2.1 without any issues (I have - my phone started life as 1.1.3).

A couple of tutorials for you.......

FIRSTLY AS YOU'RE ON 10.5.6

THEN USE THIS TO JAILBREAK/UNLOCK

Make sure you update iTunes 1st, and then follow each step carefully. If you do have any problems just come back & ask.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuy For This Useful Post:

Gra (2009-02-20)

Thanks lads that's a huge help. I will let you know how I get on.

Graeme

Sorry .... another question for iGuy....

Do I still need to download the patch etc as mentioned on the first link you included in your original reply?
    Last edited by Gra; 2009-02-20 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yep. Either that or use a powered USB Hub if you have one.

Sorry I am beginning to feel really stupid now iGuy! What do you mean by a powered USB hub? I have a typical iPhone/iPod docking thingy which attaches via a USB cable. Is that what you mean? I really must apologise for sounding so stupid but I don't want to mess this up!

Graeme

I followed the advice - i.e. I used Quickpwn via a USB cable and everything is fine EXCEPT for the fact that there is no longer any service and I (my son actually) can not make or receive calls. Have I missed something out?

When you use Quickpwn, the Sim card that you want to use should be inside the iPhone.

Was the Sim inside the iPhone when you started the Quickpwn process?
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

It was actually mate. It's weird because everything else is great but I'm sitting here at nearly 11.00pm hoping to get it sorted by tomorrow morning! I have re-run the Quickpwn process 3 times now and I just have no service and when I go into the settings on the phone there is no network other than my wifi at home.

Sounds like your phone is not activated,mean you have baseband issue.To manage this issue,try to download Bootneuter from cydia&flash your baseband...

Thanks Dejawoo. I have downloaded Bootneuter but as I am not familiar with it I am just trying different things! It also keeps freezing. At one point it did seem to be searching for a carrier so something must be happening. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

1st you have to uncheck the "unlock" button&let it flash back to factory,then recheck the "unlock" button and flash it back to unlocked).
    Version: 4.6
    Neuter : on
    Fakeblank: off

Dejawoo,

Here's what happens...I have reinstalled bootneuer but it is quite 'unstable'. When I first tried to use it it said "determining current settings" and then said something like "communication collision" and shut down!

Now it has frozen but is showing:

Version 3.9
    Neuter Off
    FakeBlank On
    Unlock Off (beneath this it also says You must Neuter to Unlock)

I can't seem to change any of the settings and have to power off and then back on again!

I think you re doing something wrong.Whats your phone's state now?
    ok,normally bootloaders are used to unlock a 2G iphone&quickpwn to jailbrake.Maybe,you should try to jailbrake&unlock your phone again.But this time,follow the instructions properly...Go to
    iClarified - Tutorials - iPhoneand choose a tutorials which will be more suitable for you...

Thanks mate. I would but my Macbook died this morning. Strange coincidence.