Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whats the deal, upgrade, downgrade problems!!

Default Whats the deal, upgrade, downgrade problems!!
    OK, i updated to 2.2.1 and then i did the jailbreak with quickpwn, it all went well no probs, but i lost my caculator app...and i couldnt slide the bar to answer incoming calls...and a few of the cydia apps was not showing up like they did on 2.2. So then i went back and downgraded to 2.2 since there was nothing great on 2.2.1 anyways...so that went well also, i was able to restore on 2.2 and jailbreak with no issues, i got the caculator app back...then i went to itunes and did a restore from backup...then i lost the caculator again..and still am unable to get the cydia apps again...i think it has to be with the restore from backup in itunes...is there a way around the restore from backup, is it something i have to do? Then i wonder if it is from using the app from cydia called Aptbackup to restore cydia apps after upgrade or restore feature is used. Does anyone know anything about this??

ssh into your phone and copy the folder user/library into your computer

restore to 2.2 again then dont restore from backup

set up ssh again then copy mail, sms, safari, weather, addressbook, and call history folders back to your phone

it should have all of your call history and everything still and your calculator should stay there

Will i be able to use itunes still...i mean i will be able to pass the intial screen in itunes that tells me to restore from backup?

Use AptBackup to backup cydia apps&sync with itunes for the rest.Restore to itunes&then quickpwn.Set up the phone as NEW in iTunes and recync.Then use AptBackup to get your cydia apps. back...

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Use AptBackup to backup cydia apps&sync with itunes for the rest.Restore to itunes&then quickpwn.Set up the phone as NEW in iTunes and recync.Then use AptBackup to get your cydia apps. back...
    I did just that, and that started all my problems, i think it was the Aptbackup that was faulty, i can not restore from back in itunes because of Aptbackup, it takes away the caculator, i cant download certain apps in cydia, and i cant answer the phone with the SLIDE TO ANSWER bar...i just restored it again, so far i have it all together again, i have to figure out how to get around the restore from backup feature in itunes, cause it pops up first when you connect to itunes. So thus far i dont know what to do to avoid this, since it seems to be the problem. The reason i know this is because it is fine until i restore from back up, so i thought about using a different date for the restore, instead of the most recent...i wonder if that will avoid putting that Aptbackup back on there?? HMMM...maybe i will try this.
    Wish me luck!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

itunes does not force you to restore from backup. you can choose to set it up as a new phone