Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fairly simple jailbreaking question?

Default Fairly simple jailbreaking question?
    I have what I hope is a simple question!

I used QuickPwn to jailbreak my iPhone 2G. It put two things on my iPhone: Installer and Cydia.

I want to use my T-Mobile card with my iPhone 2G. When I used ZiPhone to jailbreak my iPhone a long time ago, I went into Installer, clicked All Packages, scrolled down to the T section, and found the program I wanted to install in order to make T-Mobile work.

I have my WiFi working. I can browse the internet, use the YouTube icon.

When I click Installer, I see all of the Featured games and applications. When I click one, it takes me to the Search screen, but all I get is a solid light gray screen. The same goes if I click Categories and click All Packages; solid light gray screen. If I click Search and type in a T, all I get is InsTaller.

Please help - I'd like to install whatever software will let me use T-Mobile.

Thanks

To unlock nowadays, you have to do it through Quickpwn. I'd say you should restore and follow this guide to get yourself unlocked again:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880
    Respect your elders.

...did you even read my question? I used QuickPWN to jailbreak the phone.

So why don't you use Cydia.Coz installer is dead...Also im confused with tmobile.Is your phone unlocked or not after using quickpwn?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iJen View Post
    ...did you even read my question? I used QuickPWN to jailbreak the phone.
    Did you even click on my link?

Since you obviously didn't the first time and won't again, I'll spell it out for you. Nowadays the unlock is part of Quickpwn. You check a box during the process and it unlocks for you, no package from Installer nor Cydia needed.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-02-17 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Settle down, kiddies
    Respect your elders.

how can i download jailbreak ... pls help me ... i'm not able to find it

Thanks

I can't make it any simpler. Click the link I posted, then follow the ensuing guide...
    Respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Did you even click on my link?

Since you obviously didn't the first time and won't again, I'll spell it out for you. Nowadays the unlock is part of Quickpwn. You check a box during the process and it unlocks for you, no package from Installer nor Cydia needed.

You're welcome.
    Oh, thanks for clarifying that, and thank you for the guide. I appreciate it.

did restoring iphone using QuickPwn delete all the data on it? what should we do when we get error 1013. Thanx

When you sync with itunes all your data are backedup except cydia apps.U se Aptbackup for cydia apps.But i have to say 1013 is baseband error.Maybe you re trying to restore to 2.2 from 2.2.1.IF SO you can not downgrade your baseband(2.30.03 to 2.28.00).Then just restore to 2.2 with a custom fw.