Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 activate as well as Jailbreak the iPhone 3G

Smile Does Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 activate as well as Jailbreak the iPhone 3G
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 3G on firmware 2.1 and I would like to restore it to firmware 2.2 and jailbreak and unlock it.

I don't have the official sim card it came with, so when I restore it to firmware 2.2 it will become unactivated and I wont be able to activate it via iTunes. I would like to know if Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 will activate or bypass activation on the iPhone 3G as well as jailbreaking it, so once Quickpwn has done its job, the iPhone 3G will boot to the springboard with all the apps on it instead of the "Slide for emergency" screen, and iTunes will think it is activated so I can sync it normally with iTunes.

Any help with an answer to my question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dom

use that firmware to restore(shift click or option click)

you will be activated and jailbroken

now install yellowsn0w and turn off put in sim turn back on

zSHARE - iPhone1_2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw

Thanks, doesn't my iPhone need to be pwned before installing custom firmware on it?

Thanks

no thats how you pwn it

Hi. I am using QuickPwn and used it on my iphone 3g running on firmware 2.2.1 and my iPhone has been stuck on the Pineapple logo for about thirty minutes. What should I do?

Does it restart every 2 minutes? If so do this.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

sirius2008 (2009-03-16)

Thanks! That worked. The only thing now, is that I can't arrange my icons. What should I do now? Oh, and I want to download Summerboard, but I can't find it on Cydia. How do I get it and how do I use it?

Why can't you arrange your icons?

Winterboard has superseded Summerboard.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm not sure why I can't. I hold my finger on, let's say the settings icon, for a few seconds and all of the apps jiggle except the one I pressed to get them all to jiggle (in this case it was the settings app). While they're jiggling, I try to drag them and put them in a different order, but they don't move. They continue to jiggle but that's it.

Not come across that before, you seem to be doing it right if they are jiggling.

All this talk of jiggling is making me think of tits