Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone wont turn on after a failed jailbreaking

Default iphone wont turn on after a failed jailbreaking
    i was in a middle of jailbreaking my iphone with quickpwn. during the process of putting my phone on DFU mode i accidently let go of the home button so now my phone wont even turn on or itunes nor my charger recognize my phone being connected. is there anyway i can save my phone? i tried doing a hard reset and researching solutions but have not found any. thanks.

Thanks

try holding both the power and home button
    For 15 seconds and then let go of the home
    And hold the power for two or more seconds
    Till it turns on

That worked for me after I left the phone in dfu too long
    And it wouldn't turn on

i tried that and it didnt work. i also tried pressing the power button for 5 seconds then with the home button for 10 seconds and then just the home button for 10 seconds then connecting it to itunes and it still didnt work. any other sugggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alesparks View Post
    i tried that and it didnt work. i also tried pressing the power button for 5 seconds then with the home button for 10 seconds and then just the home button for 10 seconds then connecting it to itunes and it still didnt work. any other sugggestions?
    I had this happen once and what I foaund is I could get it into DFU mode but it took a lot longer than normal. I needed to hold the home button for at least 45 seconds to a minute. You really need to hold it until iTunes recognizes the atttached iPhone. In teh case of an iPhonethatwont power n, it will take MUCH longer than 10 seconds or even 30 seconds. You will know when you either hear the sound fromthe computer or when you see the pop up. Only then release the home button.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

roneraven (2009-07-23)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Glad I found this bhz1!!!

Had just upgraded to 3.0, fixed the cydia problem after jailbreaking, installed winterboard then it just crapped out and wouldn't come back on at all. Now I have to do it all over again, lol. Yay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Put your iPhone into recovery mode:

Connect phone to computer > power down phone by pressing and holding home + power button until phone shuts off > press and hold home + power button again for 10 seconds, then after the 10 seconds are up let go of the power button ONLY and keep pressing the home button until you get a message an iTunes about an iPhone being in recovery mode > click Restore.