Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me out

Default Please help me out
    I jailbroke my 3G phone in august when it first became available, however I upgraded to the new software twice already and have not jailbroken it since. When I had it jailbroken, I downloaded a numeric battery and blank icons. For some reason, even after I restored my phone and updated the software, the numeric battery and blank icons come back, I would like to get rid of them. I just got a new phone tonight because I was having service issues. When I synched it the icons and battery came back, so that leads me to believe that it is something with my itunes. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Thanks

You used a backup to sync the phone??

yeah, i backed up my phone last night then synched it tonight with the backup. I thought if I did it any other way, I would lose everything.

Thanks

That is why you have the blank apps and the battery icon.....You would have to set it up as a new phone and then put everything back on the phone like third party apps, email...but you will be able to sync you contacts, apple store apps & your music.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg679 View Post
    I jailbroke my 3G phone in august when it first became available, however I upgraded to the new software twice already and have not jailbroken it since. When I had it jailbroken, I downloaded a numeric battery and blank icons. For some reason, even after I restored my phone and updated the software, the numeric battery and blank icons come back, I would like to get rid of them. I just got a new phone tonight because I was having service issues. When I synched it the icons and battery came back, so that leads me to believe that it is something with my itunes. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
    1.ok...just jailbreak+cydia....then go to cydia and uninstall the battery if its still ther....

2.download winterbrd from cydia and see if its in there...if it is just uncheck
    1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken <----THATS WHAT THE NOOBIE SAID

ok, so I have to restore it and the set it up as a new phone instead of a backup?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    dont restore just jailbrk it agn
    1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken <----THATS WHAT THE NOOBIE SAID

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeg679 View Post
    ok, so I have to restore it and the set it up as a new phone instead of a backup?
    And setup as a new phone....

ok, thanks

i don't really want to jailbreak it again. When it was jailbroken I wasn;t able to update my apps from the app store for some reason.
    Last edited by joeg679; 2009-02-16 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost