Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage/Mac/10.5.6/USB Hub

Default Pwnage/Mac/10.5.6/USB Hub
    I understand I can't get into the DFU mode without a USB Hub on Mac 10.5.6. Is this USB Hub available at Apple stores? (I'm not tech savvy). I found a Belkin Swivel Hub. Will that work? Thx

The Belkin Swivel Hub will work just fine, but for $29.95.
    Here's a different one for $19.99 Macally TriHub - 4 Port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Hub f... (TRIHUB4) at OWC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

cabinets (2009-02-13)

Thank you! I actually paid someone to jb mine, but want to do my wife's myself. Also if I ever need warranty work and must restore, I'd like to be able to jb myself. Thanks again!

correct. If you ever need to take it to Apple, Just restore with iTunes to a stock firmware. No worries

Welcome to MMi

poseidon I did ur method step by step and it let me get to dfu mode and everythin BUT...... when in i tunes it says this USB LOW POWER NOTICE : The USB device cannot operate because it needs more power than is available . To correct this problem you can : 1) Plug the device into an electrical outlet if it has a power cord 2) Unplug the device and plug it into another USB port on your CPU or other device that is plugged into a power cord . PLEASE HELP ME

I FIXED IT !!! Just hAD TO use a usb port on the back of my imac instead of the keyboard . So now I am offically jailbroken with OSX 10.5.6 . U ROCK POSEIDON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-02-14 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost