Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help with iphone 2.2.1 jailbreak

Default Please help with iphone 2.2.1 jailbreak
    Hi everyone i wondered if you could help me with the problem i've having with jailbreaking the new 2.2.1 software update

I have updated already in itunes and i am using Quick Pwn to jailbreak. I get as far as the instructions when you put the iphone into DFU mode, so it puts the iphone into DFU mode and then stops. It still appeares in iTunes in DFU mode. If i remember correctly when you put the phone into DFU mode for jailbreaking the computer should recognise it as something. Last time a jailbroke i got a messege like apple iphone recovery/ DFU or something like that and then it installed it which i don't seem to get and i don't here the chime after it goes into DFU on the computer. So i think my Computer is not recognising the DFU mode is there any way i can fix this. I am runing Windows Vista

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by deejay390 View Post
    Hi everyone i wondered if you could help me with the problem i've having with jailbreaking the new 2.2.1 software update

I have updated already in itunes and i am using Quick Pwn to jailbreak. I get as far as the instructions when you put the iphone into DFU mode, so it puts the iphone into DFU mode and then stops. It still appeares in iTunes in DFU mode. If i remember correctly when you put the phone into DFU mode for jailbreaking the computer should recognise it as something. Last time a jailbroke i got a messege like apple iphone recovery/ DFU or something like that and then it installed it which i don't seem to get and i don't here the chime after it goes into DFU on the computer. So i think my Computer is not recognising the DFU mode is there any way i can fix this. I am runing Windows Vista

Thanks for your help
    jus a quick one see if ya still need it but are you running itunes in background?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Shouldn't matter, just shift+click (or option+click for mac) in itunes and restore with your CW.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by fattyindoors View Post
    jus a quick one see if ya still need it but are you running itunes in background?
    No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you have any luck? Cuz i'm trying to do the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you are using Vista make sure you have iTunes 8.1 installed and .net framework 2.0+ installed on windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you are using Vista make sure you have iTunes 8.1 installed and .net framework 2.0+ installed on windows.
    Yes i got it fixed. I downloaded QuckPwn from a different source. I've ziped up the one that worked for me so you can try it out.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Let me know if it works and if you have any problems contanct me again and i'll see if i can help

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFeef View Post
    Did you have any luck? Cuz i'm trying to do the same.
    Yes i got it fixed. I downloaded QuckPwn from a different source. I've ziped up the one that worked for me so you can try it out.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Let me know if it works and if you have any problems contanct me again and i'll see if i can help