Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g Firmware 2.2.1(5H11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g Firmware 2.2.1(5H11)
    Iphone 3g Firmware 2.2.1(5H11)

Hello. I was trying to play games on my iphone 3g and I was unable to play some games anymore because my firmware is not updated. My firmware is 2.2(5G77) and few games cant be play and I just purchased them

I want to ask if 2.2.1(5H11) can be unlock for T-Mobile. If the unlock works for T-Mobile, I will do the upgrade. Thanks.

If your baseband is 2.28.00,use pwnage tool on a mac to preserve your baseband&then yellowSnow to unlock it...

Thanks

Well, I dont have Mac. I have windows XP and where do you see baseband?

Settings/General/About/Modem Firmware

Thanks

It shows my baseband is 2.28.00. I guess it doesnt work on Windows XP right?

Yes.Pwnage tool on mac.Otherwise it will be locked...

Thanks

I will leave it alone for now. I could have fall for the trap because Cydia said it can be unlocked on firmware 2.2.1. I was so happy about it and was close to upgrade but thank god I asked. Thank you. Your a lifesaver. I was close to lose my phone.

Thanks

Still no news for this?

Apple Iphone CFW
    Cfw 2.2.1 Iphone 3G

1500mb Partition,No Custom Boot Image, With Cydia, No Installer, Non Activated, For Att Customers

Thanks

That actually work?

Im wondering if the link you provided me will work on 2.2.1, modem firmware 02.30.03?
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 2009-02-18 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've tried a couple CFWs and neither worked, but I'll try this one tomorrow.

It should work, I have no problems playing any of my games on my iphone. PM me and i can walk you through some things if you have problems

Quote Originally Posted by greatnesstx View Post
    It should work, I have no problems playing any of my games on my iphone. PM me and i can walk you through some things if you have problems
    If you are responding to me, I meant that the CFW doesn't work for me as in it will not install on my 16GB 3G... Error (1600). I'm not having a problem with apps (well, I fixed my "craigsphone" app by restoring 2.2 and there are a few on the store that report that they are not compatible with my device).
    Last edited by CZroe; 2009-02-19 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks

I dont dare to try to upgrade.. Im afraid I will lose my phone.

If you are getting a error 16xx you need to get your phone in dfu mode.
    Load quickpwn, open up task manager find the quick pwn process. Once you found the process follow the on screen instructions in quickpwn. Once you hold down the power button and the home button wait for the screen to go white. Quickly end the process quick in task manager so the screen stays white. Then load itunes and hit shift restore and load cfw

If you are getting a error 16xx you need to get your phone in dfu mode.
    Load quickpwn, open up task manager find the quick pwn process. Once you found the process follow the on screen instructions in quickpwn. Once you hold down the power button and the home button wait for the screen to go white. Quickly end the process quick in task manager so the screen stays white. Then load itunes and hit shift restore and load cfw
    Huh? You don't need QuickPwn to enter DFU... just hold Home + Sleep for 10 seconds then release the Sleep button and hold Home until the phone connects (screen will remain black). iTunes will prompt you to restore the phone just the same as Recovery Mode, though it does not show a "Connect to iTuned" screen. In QuickPwn, the screen doesn't turn white until after QuickPwn starts doing something in DFU mode. It sounded risky, but in case there was some reason you were telling me to do that, I did it anyway and iTunes would not detect my phone at all (as if nothing was plugged in). I had to force it off again, restore official 2.2 FW, and jailbreak again. For kicks, I put it in DFU again the normal way and tried the CFW again. Nope, I still get error 1600.

OK, I put it into Recovery Mode and got the one of my CFW 2.2.1 on there with the 2.28.00 baseband preserved, but get no signal and it never connects to AT&T.

This article is where I found mention of using Recovery Mode to fix Error 1600:
    iPhone Jailbreak/Upgrade: More on iTunes 1600 error | Simon Blog

Unfortunately, it didn't really "fix" anything... just worked around it (the problem is still there). I went back into DFU and tried another 2.2.1 CFW and I still get Error 1600, so something is still different about my phone than the others who are getting them to work without issue. Bah.

UPDATE: Because I still get Error 1600 when loading CFW in DFU mode, I had to put it into Recovery Mode again to load another CFW (the unactivated one from the TBP torrent). THAT worked, but I still worry about One1's demonstrated issue with slow Pwnage firmwares and wonder if I will even be able to do this proper with my 1600 errors.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2009-02-21 at 06:04 PM.

i did upgrade and jailbrake with 2.2.1 and i use turbo sim to unlocked it work fine for me use windows vista to jailbrake

Apple Iphone CFW
    Cfw 2.2.1 Iphone 3G

1500mb Partition,No Custom Boot Image, With Cydia, No Installer, Non Activated, For Att Customers
    Thanks for the link, this custom firmware worked perfectly for me. I just shift+clicked on restore and selected the firmware. No need to enter DFU mode beforehand.