Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Something Keeps Changing My Contact File's Permissions...WTF?

Default Something Keeps Changing My Contact File's Permissions...WTF?
    i just re-jailbroke my 3G (f/w 2.2) a few days ago and already I've found that ever few days something changes the permissions of my AddressBook.sqlitedb (contacts) file. i know that the correct permissions for this file are 0644 (rw-r--r--) so i change it to this, and everything works fine, but then something seems to change them to 0600. if i SSH into my phone and check the properties of this AddressBook.sqlitedb file, it shows:
    Group: mobile
    Owner: root
    are these settings correct for this file?
    any ideas as to what could possibly be doing this?

the way that i know that these permissions are changing is because if i try to access my contacts, text message, or emails, they all crash.

before you ask, the iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw file i jailbroke with came directly from Apple.

i think i've found what is causing this to happen, but i still don't know how to permanently correct it.

it seems that when i attach a picture to an email and send it, that triggers the permissions to change on my contacts for some reason.

can someone please SSH into their phone and tell me the GROUP and OWNER settings for AddressBook.sqlitedb located at <root>/User/Library/AddressBook

both are mobile

thanks. hopefully that will do the trick!