Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update to 2.2.1 without baseband

Default Update to 2.2.1 without baseband
    I'm not interested in jailbreaking or unlocking at the moment, but I would like to have the option to in case I ever want to sell my iPhone 3G.

I have 2.2 right now and I want to update to 2.2.1 without updating the baseband. I read that the custom 2.2.1 firmware can only be created with a Mac, and I don't have a Mac.

Is it possible to download the firmware already customized, or does the firmware need to be customized specifically for my iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if ur using a custom firmware u are technically jailbreaking and unlocking so... thus you are interested..

and yes you can. just try google and probably a few threads on here.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Oh, I didn't think that jailbreaking was required to use the custom firmware.

To upgrade your phone to 2.2.1 and preserve the state of the baseband you need to create a custom .ipsw with PwnageTool on a mac...

will this delete my apps?

Thanks

What are you asking? Anytime you update or install a new or different f/w you will lose your apps. But you can just re-install them.

they wont sync it says they cant be verified