Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 2.2.1 on OS 10.5.6?

Default Jailbreak 2.2.1 on OS 10.5.6?
    How long till I can jailbreak this version with OS X 10.5.6 with Itunes version 8? I just got my new iPhone and accidentally upgraded to 2.2.1.. =[ and If I could can someone please link me.. Thanx..

I'm having the same issues with jailbreaking as well.

My setup is as follows:

OSX 10.5.6 on black macbook
    iTunes 8.0.2
    new iPhone 3G, FW 2.2.1, bb 2.30.03

I am able to get my phone into DFU mode and restore with a stock 2.2.1 FW, however I receive errors when I attempt to install any jailbroken firmwares.

* This phone has never been jailbroken before; 2.2.1 was installed immediately after purchase *

Latest PwnageTool and QuickPwn both fail miserably with the same errors (21, 1601)

I've restarted my macbook, iTunes, etc with no luck.

I'm not interested in unlocking at all, just jailbreaking.

Do I have any options?
    Last edited by adm; 2009-02-11 at 09:43 AM.

Try to create a custom fw 1.2_2.2.1_Restore.ipsw with pwnage tool...

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Try to create a custom fw 1.2_2.2.1_Restore.ipsw with pwnage tool...
    Any custom firmwares are rejected with errors once iTunes goes through the initial checking process after starting a restore.

Try to delete device file support on itunes
    Create a new custom fw
    Put it into dfu mode
    If you take some errors,close itunes&re-open it
    Restore to custom fw...

Thanks for the help, but nothing works. Custom firmware simply cannot be installed.

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to easily restore functionality.
    You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
    Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices,
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
    nstall IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
    Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55”
    Install IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Reattach your USB peripherals.

OR

Simply connect through a USB Hub

dont forget to tell me thank you lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

adm (2009-02-16)

Aha! This must be my issue. I have an ADC account already but I think I'll try on my roommates windows notebook first as it would be less troublesome. I'll report back. Thanks.

e: QuickPwn on windows worked. Thanks again.
    Last edited by adm; 2009-02-16 at 09:22 PM.