Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to SSH into 3g iPhone

Default Best way to SSH into 3g iPhone
    I was reading some guides on jailbreaking my phone and there was one guide I wanted to follow in particular but it requires me to SSH into my phone... How do I do this? I know you can use terminal but is there a good GUI based app I can use to ssh into it? Also what info do I need to get into the phone (username and password etc..)? Thanks for the help guys.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

fatrixcartmen111 (2009-03-04)

So theres no way to to SSH into the phone unless it has OpenSSH on it already? Which means I have to jailbreak it, then install OpenSSH then restore, then jailbreak again...? I'm wanted to use the method layed out here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ken-phone.html

to jailbreak so I could have a really speedy phone... is there any other way to SSH into the phone other than jailbreaking it first?

check into diskaid. Its not ssh

OK, i have a question:

After logging in, I'm trying to change the password using the puTTY icon, but everytime I click and/or do the CTRL+P method, it says "putty.exe not found" or whatever.

any ideas why?

I can't even log in using WinSCP... keeps saying password is incorrect and I havent even changed it yet.
    iPhone 3GS purplera1ned.

Default Ssh
    to log in the password is set, and needs to be:

User : root
    Pass : alpine

Hope this helps.

Ps for SSH you need a jailbroken iPhone/iTouch

Thanks

Diskaid is really easy. At first i didnt like it, (compared to openSSH) but when ya get used to it it makes everything easy. You gain access to your iphone through the usb cable .

disk aid isnt that easy. you have to download the program to your home computor as well as on your iphone. you have to turn it on, on the iphone to be able to see the files on your laptop. and it has only a 14 day trial period. BUT
    once you do all that. and get a code(share the wealth)your all good to go.... not a bad option.

can some one help me i have jus got new iphone g3s and have istalled ssh on my pc running win.7 i have n clue how to transfer y files from my pc to my iphone please help i am new here