Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G gets stuck on Apple logo after Jailbreaking

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3G gets stuck on Apple logo after Jailbreaking
    I'm on 2.2.1 and have attempted twice to jailbreak my phone. The first time I used my own downloaded IPSW file, while the second time, I downloaded the one linked on iClarified.

Both using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2, and no cigar. It gets stuck after jailbreaking at the Apple logo. I have let it sit for 15mins or more, and it just constantly either stays there or reboots itself and again stays on the Apple logo.

It took me a while to find out how to restore it both time, and took long to restore with my old backup and had to re-organize my apps, etc.

Anyone know why? I'm losing hope that it's going to work for me.

I have no intentions of unlocking so that doesn't concern me.

maybe your using a corupt backup or w/e. That same thing happened to me when i did a 2.2 upgrade and tried to do a back up. What you have to do is go to that post that says how to have a blazing fast iphone or w/e. do what he says. do a clean restore and set up your phone as a new phone no bakcup or anything. Then upgrade. then jailbreak it'll be like you just bought it. then replace the files he tells you to on the post and you should be good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vish For This Useful Post:

EGutierrez91 (2009-02-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That blazing fast iPhone thread involved the phone already having been jailbroken previously. I don't understand why it won't work, although it might simply be two bad backups.

Thanks for the help though Vish.

I had the same problem, i tried everything, i had to take mine to the apple store, and they restored it, the guy said it was my computer, so that might be your problem too, hope you get it fixed

restore it in itunes and then try rejailbreaking if you are on mac you have to follow this guide

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to easily restore functionality.
    You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
    Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices,
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
    nstall IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
    Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg” for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55”
    Install IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Reattach your USB peripherals.

originally posted by poesidon79

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm on Windows.

I did restore it on iTunes though, I might jailbreak it on a laptop and then just resync it on my PC via iTunes.