Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Battery Drain Fix

  1. #1
    Default Battery Drain Fix
    Hey all I'm new to the forums here and just jailbroke my ipod touch 2g with the tethered redsn0w. Recently my battery life has been extremely short. I don't know if its maybe because I have too much running on winterboard? or maybe something is running that i don't know about? The main things I installed besides themes were openssh, copy paste, and the nes and gameboy emulators. I was curious if anyone else had this problem or if its just me.

  2. #2
    Also other background apps. like safari,phone apps,bluetooth,push mail,especially games you play...etc...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mbx2814 View Post
    Hey all I'm new to the forums here and just jailbroke my ipod touch 2g with the tethered redsn0w. Recently my battery life has been extremely short. I don't know if its maybe because I have too much running on winterboard? or maybe something is running that i don't know about? The main things I installed besides themes were openssh, copy paste, and the nes and gameboy emulators. I was curious if anyone else had this problem or if its just me.
    OpenSSH is the culprit here, it'll kill your battery faster than ANYTHING. It's kinda horrible. If you have a pc, I suggest you just do tethered transfers for files using something like iphonebrowser. As for a mac, I am not sure.. I'll ask my bf what he uses and post back.

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    OpenSSH the culprit? How/by what reasoning did you come by that?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    OpenSSH the culprit? How/by what reasoning did you come by that?
    check and make sure OpenSSH is turned off, cuz it's on by default every time you turn your iPhone/iTouch off & on

  6. #6
    OpenSSH pulls hardly any....if any, battery life. And I suggest keeping it on, cause it can save your butt in the instance of your phone crapping out....and SSH is the only option of fixing it, other than a restore.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    OpenSSH pulls hardly any....if any, battery life. And I suggest keeping it on, cause it can save your butt in the instance of your phone crapping out....and SSH is the only option of fixing it, other than a restore.
    Interesting, I've only ever had OpenSSH drain my phone and make it run super hot. It's not only my phone... it does it to my bf's phone as well.. and another one of my friend's iphone. I don't think we all have faulty phones with the SAME problem. Plus, i've been told by numerous people in the past that OpenSSH drains battery life at a ridiculous rate.

    Either way, I am just saying what i've experienced and what other people have told me/what i've read. I remember many posts here some time ago... Around the time 2.0fw came out with TONS of people complaining about increased battery drain on jb phones and it was all a result of OpenSSH. In most if not all cases, disabling OpenSSH fixed their problems.. as well as mine.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    @Daiski. Our app mix is obviously different. For me, I've never had any issue w/OpenSSH. Always installed (since 1.1.4), always turned on (waiting+sleeping) and never a battery issue. I would suggest looking at the mix of installed apps rather than pointing the finger at one specific app.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiskei View Post
    Interesting, I've only ever had OpenSSH drain my phone and make it run super hot. It's not only my phone... it does it to my bf's phone as well.. and another one of my friend's iphone. I don't think we all have faulty phones with the SAME problem. Plus, i've been told by numerous people in the past that OpenSSH drains battery life at a ridiculous rate.

    Either way, I am just saying what i've experienced and what other people have told me/what i've read. I remember many posts here some time ago... Around the time 2.0fw came out with TONS of people complaining about increased battery drain on jb phones and it was all a result of OpenSSH. In most if not all cases, disabling OpenSSH fixed their problems.. as well as mine.


    how do you turn off OpenSSH anyway? i can't see it on SBSettings.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hoeroLLa View Post
    how do you turn off OpenSSH anyway? i can't see it on SBSettings.
    If u already have SBSetting and not able to see the SSH toggle..do what this guys do..It's works for me..

    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat refer to post #5

    and just on the Airplane toggle back if u need that toggle..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •