Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Update Apps

Default Can't Update Apps
    I have a first gen. iPhone and jailbroke and unlocked it for my husband. He has downloaded a lot of apps through ********** and doesn't want to lose them. I'm not sure what happened but when he tries to update the apps from the apps store he gets a message that he can't purchase this item at this time. Any ideas what is up?

Jenny

these are warez apps why are we providing solutions?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you download a cracked app you can't download updates to those apps through iTunes. You have to redownload the cracked version of the update.

Actually we really don't care about the apps. I don't know much about them except my husband downloaded them.

The problem I really need help with is why can't we sync his phone to iTunes anymore? It does a backup, then syncs contacts then when it gets to syncing the calendar (or something like that- the second thing iTunes syncs) it quits and never syncs anything else after that. We never get the message that it is OK to disconnect the phone. Any ideas?

Jenny

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You're confusing me now since you' first started talking and asking about upgrading cracked apps.. now you moved on to "i don't care about the apps" and on to sync issues. Be more specific in what you're trying to accomplish.

why dont you just change the settings to NOT include the calendar?

OK, let me make it more clear, sorry for the confusion.

I jailbroke the phone, my husband added cracked apps, I SSHed into his phone, I didn't do anything just looked at the files in there (I have never ssh-ed so I wanted to see what it was all about). Then after that I couldn't sync the phone. Like I described above it syncs a few things then just quits. He would like to preserve the apps he has gotten, so I guess he does care about them. We are just, now, confused why he can't sync or update apps.

Did that make it more clear?
    Thanks!

you cant sync and update cracked apps. THEY ARE STOLEN! its ILLEGAL! as far as syncing the phone you said it fails to sync? fails to sync what? dont expect the apps to sync.

My husband is so mad about his phone being messed up I am just going to restore it and then jailbreak it again. We like putting apps like Cycorder, etc. on our phones so you can't do that unless you jailbreak it.