Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Little Upgrade Help Needed

Default A Little Upgrade Help Needed
    Hi, this might sound such a very simple question but I would like to ask what is the fastest/safest way for me to upgrade my 1.1.2 UNLOCKED iPhone to 1.1.3 (or 1.1.4) without having to downgrade & re-activate/jailbrake my iPhone again?
    Do I have to UPGRADE to 1.1.3 from iTunes before I have to do this ZiPhone process?
    Any advice on what's better (for now)? I have some doubts upgrading to 1.1.4 right away as there still might be a lot of bugs...
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by brownbulldawg; 2008-03-05 at 12:05 AM.

i used ZiPhone....It does it all for you...literally..you can get it from here

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=746

oh and 1 more thing....you need to do a manual restore to 1.1.4 because of the whole file saving system changes....but you might wanna hold off til they get the kinks out of customize and other apps if you use them as much as i do
    Last edited by iCity11; 2008-03-04 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thanks for the advice. I've another question before I go for it. Before I do the whole ZiPhone process, I am using 1.1.2 (Unlock), do I need to first upgrade to 1.1.3 through iTunes & UNLOCK it before restoring my iPhone to 1.1.4 through iTunes to start the whole ZiPhone procedure??
    And by RESTORING that means you'll pretty much lose everything, right? By backing up/syncing my Address Book to iTunes does that mean once I go through all the process of upgrading/activating/unlocking my iPhone & sync it to my iTunes will I get my Contacts back?

Again, thanks in advance.

Last edited by brownbulldawg; 2008-03-05 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

no.just connect iphone hit restore in itunes and once finished run ziphone 2.5c hit "do it all" and you are all set...