Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can You jailbreak 2.2.1?

Default Can You jailbreak 2.2.1?
    I just found out from Zwayne how to hack my 2.2 firmware and use yell0wsnow to keep the older baseband.
    I had to quickly go out so i asked my bro to jailbreak and unlock it for me..... BIG MISTAKE!!!

i come back and the idiot has installed 2.2.1 and i now have the baseband of 02.30.03.

This is impossible to unlock right???
    If so looks like im stuck with the service provider until the end of my contract.

Can you atleast jailbreak it? I hate the standard iphone and have always used a jailbroken iphone.

someone help!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gt4junkie For This Useful Post:

Zwayne (2009-03-26)

Yes you can still jailbreak but as for unlocking you're stuck. Check out this link if you use windows and this link if you use a mac. I jailbroke my 2.2.1 iPhone 3G no problem.

Yes,its not possible to unlock 2.30.03 baseband with yellowSnow yet.
    Also you will not be able to unlock your 3G even after downgrading to firmware 2.2.You will need to wait for some time for the Dev team can unlock baseband 02.30.03.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys,

First i want to thank the devteam for their work. It is briliant!!

i was so blond to sell my iphone 2g hacked by myself.....with help from you all. Now i have a 3G iphone on version 2
    2.1. (5h11) and i am not even sure if it is jailbroken or whit yellowsn0w. it is on baseband 2.30.03.
    Thanks in advance!

Whe can help a damsel in need?

^Its not unlocked because YellowSn0w only unlocks baseband 02.28.00

And if you dont see Cydia or Installer App anywhere on the phone, its not jailbroken (or it might as well not be). So I would go ahead and JB that bad boy.

u can jailbreak and unlock it now!

^You can jailbreak.....but not unlock. You would have to find a sim-adaptor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gt4junkie View Post
    I just found out from Zwayne how to hack my 2.2 firmware and use yell0wsnow to keep the older baseband.
    I had to quickly go out so i asked my bro to jailbreak and unlock it for me..... BIG MISTAKE!!!

i come back and the idiot has installed 2.2.1 and i now have the baseband of 02.30.03.

This is impossible to unlock right???
    If so looks like im stuck with the service provider until the end of my contract.

Can you atleast jailbreak it? I hate the standard iphone and have always used a jailbroken iphone.

someone help!!!
    ^^^Thanks....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i am back with one more question...
    Which sim do you put in the phone while jailbreaking it. I asume it has to be the one used for the contract which will be used in the phone after jailbreaking... with the turbosim...?

thanks a milion times....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

i dont think it matters. do it with your contract one