Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak a 3g, Help

Default Jailbreak a 3g, Help
    Hi there
    I have a iphone 3g which I tried to QuickPwn but it did not work and sent my iphone into recovery mode. I could only with "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore".
    Now I am stuck and QuickPwn does not respon to jailbreak.
    I tried to downgrade to "iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore" but itunes does not allow it. So I am stuch in 2.2.1 5H11 version and not able to jailbreak.
    does anyone have any idea how to get round this proble????

Mcshahin

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hello there. a good question, but it's in the wrong forum. since i'd hate to see your question go unanswered, i'd suggest you find the forum that deals with jailbreaking (scroll down a bit on the list of forums) and repost there.

welcome to modmyi!

*Go to DFU mode(Turn off your phone,hold Power and Home,as the grey apple logo comes up,release the power button,but keep holding the home button and wait for iTunes to detect your phone in recovery mode).
    *On itunes,hold down Shift and press the Restore button.
    *Select iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw to restore your phone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

mcshahin (2009-02-03)

Quote Originally Posted by AAAARRRRRRGGGGG View Post
    i'd suggest you find the forum that deals with jailbreaking (scroll down a bit on the list of forums) and repost there.

welcome to modmyi!
    That's what I call spamming your question. Just leave the thread and one of the mods will move it for you. You can also pm one of us and request we move right away. Cheers

Thanks Guys
    Could you move it then!!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    *Go to DFU mode(Turn off your phone,hold Power and Home,as the grey apple logo comes up,release the power button,but keep holding the home button and wait for iTunes to detect your phone in recovery mode).
    *On itunes,hold down Shift and press the Restore button.
    *Select iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw to restore your phone.
    My iphone seem to be very resistant to downgrade
    Last edited by mcshahin; 2009-02-03 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost