Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I didnt take Cydia out of one of my category folders and now its gone

Default I didnt take Cydia out of one of my category folders and now its gone
    Heres the order I ave done things:
    1. Jailbroke my 2.2 iPhone
    2. Installed Categories and put Cydia inside a folder
    3. Updated 2.2 to 2.2.1
    4. Jailbroke 2.2.1

Now Cydia isn't showing up, however I went to iPhone browser and looked for it and it was there, so I think not taking it out of the Categories folder was a bad idea...

Anyone know if that was my problem, and have any ideas as to fix it.

I was unaware & upgraded too. I have restalled everything but all the apps in the categories wont show but their on Itunes! Anyone know what to do,m I have windows?

Damn I was stupid haha. For your case you might be able to take the apps out via iTunes then just install them back.

You can use the "Poof" option in SBsettings to "unhide" the app.

the problem is I have tried all day since yesterday to reinstall cydia with pwn but it wont install!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You can use the "Poof" option in SBsettings to "unhide" the app.
    How am I suppose to get SBsettings though when I can access cydia to install it?

Does anyone know if it is possible to install categories through my computer, like put the folder on my phone. If I do that then I think I might be able to fix it.

If Cydia is hidden,you can use Apt-get and install Quickgold from the SSH prompt

Worst case scenario,if nothing works,you can use iPhoneBrowser and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone

Iphone 3G Downgrade steps, Yes it works!!, Posted 01-29-2009, 10:09 AM #1 (permalink)
    Attention!! This only works for unlocked phones like the ones we get in Asia. I collected information on the forum and put it together, it worked for me! Iphone 3G with firmware 2.2.1 (big mistake to update!!!!) send my phone back to firmware 2.2 and I jailbreak it again successfully!!!

Step 1:

Here is how you can downgrade from firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2:

* Connect your iPhone to your PC then you will need to put it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.

You can follow these steps to put your iPhone in DFU mode + Connect your iPhone to your computer.

+ Turn iPhone off.
    + Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    + Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    + A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.

* Hold down Option and press the “Restore” button. If you are using Windows hold down Shift and press the Restore button. (This is an important step as just pressing the “Restore” button will result in restoring your iPhone with the latest firmware which is firmware 2.2.1 currently, by holding down Shift in case of Windows, allows you choose the firmware file that you want to downgrade to.)
    You will have to download the 2.2 firmware from here:
    Firmware 2.2 download links

after that you will get error code 1013 so follow the next step!

Step 2:

How to correct DFU error:
    when itunes does not recognize your iphone, just open quickpwn 2.2 and a message will show indicating you to hold down home and power button on iphone for 15seconds, release the home and power button and just hold the power button for 2seconds. After this reopen itunes, it will recognize your phone and the downgrade will be complete. (Wait for itunes to recognize your phone and activate it before Jailbreaking it.)

wait for the exact amount of time or it won't work!! After that you know how to do the jailbreak!

PS: I only tried this on a PC but I guess it might work in a MAC too! Cheers and hope this help some one, since is my first thread in this forum.
    Last edited by Migs72; 01-29-2009 at 09:38 PM..

I did the above which worked but then when I run pwn it stays on the blank screen with apple logo & won't rebooot!
    How long should it normally take?

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    If Cydia is hidden,you can use Apt-get and install Quickgold from the SSH prompt

Worst case scenario,if nothing works,you can use iPhoneBrowser and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone
    Can you please post some instructions on how to accomplish this

I also use/used categories, and found myself in the same situation, as I put all of my app installing programs in one folder. I also had apt-backup installed.

So as I sit right now, I've restored and am about to rejailbreak. I'm going to then pull down sbsettings, categories, and apt-backup, and attempt to restore a backup from iTunes again.

Think it will work?

Crap, I just caught this in the FAQ thread:

Problem: iPhone In General Misbehaving
    Fix: NEVER restore from backup after pwning or restoring your phone.
    Last edited by H3LL5P4WN; 2009-02-01 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well I have had to reinstall using the firmware 2.2.1 & it seems to work

and just to let u know once u have synced all your applications they still wont show until u add categories again! All the files that were added before I had problems were still there BUT U THINK U HAVE LOST THEM!
    I wish I knew about the problem it would cause before I upgraded I just spent the whole weekend trying to solve the problem. Thank heavens for the good people on the forums
    Last edited by monty71; 2009-02-02 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

... hahahahaha. im screwed.
    i had categories in a folder and now even with reinstalling it it wont show up.
    any ideas?