Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g with 2.2 firm and baseband 2.30

Smile Iphone 3g with 2.2 firm and baseband 2.30
    Hello,

I just got my new 3g iphone today and it came with 2.2.1. SO i downgarded to 2.2(5G77) and the modem firmware(baseband) is 2.30.03. So my questions is how do i get my baseband to 2.28??? or how do i get this damn thing to work with tombile...

I am new and I really need some serious help.

Thank you,
    K.D

You cant.

Until and IF the dev-team can crack and unlock the new FW and baseband. And your phone probably wont even pick up service now, running 2.2, cause the FW and baseband will be mis-matched.

Thanks

Wait for a unlock to come out.
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2009-02-24 at 01:50 AM.

Default Reallyy
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You cant.

Until and IF the dev-team can crack and unlock the new FW and baseband. And your phone probably wont even pick up service now, running 2.2, cause the FW and baseband will be mis-matched.
    This person online told me they can do it and only for $15.00 is it true??? is it even possible???

^They are full of crap. If it was possible, I can assure you we would know and it would be posted all over this site.

Do you know how long will it take for the update??

Thanks

No ETA.

Default How long?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^They are full of crap. If it was possible, I can assure you we would know and it would be posted all over this site.
    How will it take for the dev team or anyone to come up with something that will allow me to use it with tomible??

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by caveman35; 2009-01-30 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No clue. Could be 2morrow....could be 6 months from now........

Maybe a sim-adapter will be released that will work with the new FW/baseband. But yeah, like Z said...no ETA.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-01-30 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe I am asking a question that is easy to answer, but the stupidest question is the one that is unasked!

Since the hardware has not changed, why can't you downgrade the baseband?

Isn't it just software?

If I load windows vista on my pc and I don't like it (it's crap), I can wipe the harddrive and install XP.

Is it not the same?

I have t-mobile and my wife synced my phone with itunes to charge it and just clicked ok to the upgrade software. I am on 2.2.1 now with no way to use my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Maybe I am asking a question that is easy to answer, but the stupidest question is the one that is unasked!

Since the hardware has not changed, why can't you downgrade the baseband?

Isn't it just software?

If I load windows vista on my pc and I don't like it (it's crap), I can wipe the harddrive and install XP.

Is it not the same?

I have t-mobile and my wife synced my phone with itunes to charge it and just clicked ok to the upgrade software. I am on 2.2.1 now with no way to use my phone!
    Hey man,

I just got this rebel sim card for $20.00 and it works fine...it is a temp solution you might wanna try it.

Good luck mate.

Default How to Downgrade Baseband 2.30.03 to 2.28.00
    How to Downgrade Baseband 2.30.03 to 2.28.00

i wanna represent the downgrader or unlocker what every u call it.
    we guarantie 100% for downgrade the latest firmware from 2.30.03 to 2.28.00.We have include an ebook either how to unlock other firmware without latest modem firmware.This is Complete Guide to downgrade firmware 2 to 2.2.1

after u purchase send me an email with confirmation to redmolla [ @ ] gmail .com
    Secure order page

p.s:i dont have any personal selling page i appologies for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaqa View Post
    How to Downgrade Baseband 2.30.03 to 2.28.00

i wanna represent the downgrader or unlocker what every u call it.
    we guarantie 100% for downgrade the latest firmware from 2.30.03 to 2.28.00.We have include an ebook either how to unlock other firmware without latest modem firmware.This is Complete Guide to downgrade firmware 2 to 2.2.1

after u purchase send me an email with confirmation to redmolla [ @ ] gmail .com
    Secure order page

p.s:i dont have any personal selling page i appologies for this!!!
    Has anyone tried this? Does it actually work?

Comon SHAQA...you wanna be the HEROE..just let it go ..don`t ask money for it..the Money is not forever but your name and knowledge is forever.

Give it up and Post that thing Ebook or what it is on MMI.

Do your self a favour and don`t be an idiot.!

This is getting me more CRAZY now...days and days are going and NO ONE knows any thing??
    MAn...Some one need to contact them...MUSCLENERD or someone..
    PLEASE.....someone..

And also..some one told me that there is some kind of thingy that will let you use any sim on 2.30..Really dont know if its true...He told me its on the Forums...which Forum I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    This is getting me more CRAZY now...days and days are going and NO ONE knows any thing??
    MAn...Some one need to contact them...MUSCLENERD or someone..
    PLEASE.....someone..

And also..some one told me that there is some kind of thingy that will let you use any sim on 2.30..Really dont know if its true...He told me its on the Forums...which Forum I dont know
    There are hardware hacks that go over the sim card, they work but some of them dont last very long at all and break, and some of them lose signal while switching between towers. But at this point, there is no other way if you've got the 2.30 baseband..

Here's one, I'm not sure how reliable it is though, Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1

I have used the turbo-sim with 2.2.1 and baseband 02.20.03. It works!

Iíve been following up all the discussions and guys, just chill out!
    I pretty agree with eyepoper, Shaqaís words are too mysterious and tell nothing. I believe, if he were to something, heíd published it to us and to the whole world!
    I hope Iím wrong Shaqa, and you surprise us some day, but itís really hard to believe man.

Anyway, sorry if I insulted you, but thatís what I think.

2.30.03 soft unlock is not likely to COME

Please try to make sense if dev team says they are not able to do with a team of more then 20 reknowed hackers and open codes and projects. How can a single person wrting comments on little blogs do this!

Now read carefully the situation:

Apple is going to release 3.0 firmware in June And they will show wat they are doing in firmware 3.0 on march 17 . So, firstas I said earlier soft unlock of 2.30.03 is very difficult for any team. Second, let assume, that dev team has found the solution but they will never ever release it before apple release 3.0 . If they release early then they fool team, and me mon my personal level thinks they are not fool and will Not release untill July. Coz they donít want apple to study their new unlck method and fill the hole in 3.0. And remember 3.0 will be revolution in iPhone os and will be a major step. So dev team os considering long term approach,

So be patient if you want soft unlock.

Thank you

Caveman you can order the little sim deals on ebay I have the same issue. I just picked one up for $10, its called turbo sim, ill let u know how it works.

Oh and what the hell is so difficult about BB 2.30.03, they have cracked every other BB from day one, come on really.
    Last edited by jslynch66; 2009-03-14 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonopolyMan View Post
    Here's one, I'm not sure how reliable it is though, Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    Not very. This thing sucks and so does their cust service.

They mailed me a broken one and it took 2 weeks for them to contact me to say for me to mail it back (which they wanted me to pay for).

Do yourself a favor and get something cheaper.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast