Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g with 2.2 firm and baseband 2.30

Why not just buy one off eBay with FW 2.20 if you want to use it on Voda?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why not just buy one off eBay with FW 2.20 if you want to use it on Voda?
    True enough mate, I think i'll do this!
    At the end of the day warranty blah, I can just get it insured.

I have a Gevey and it does not seem to work It says no network... any ideas?

try these steps if it doesnt work or no network detected:

-first of all, you need to insert the gevey sim adapter along with your original sim, while the iPhone is OFF. it will not work while u insert it ON.

- typically it takes around 2-5 minutes to locate and establish network, depending on your service provider.

- open BossPrefs (assuming that you have it installed via Cydia) and DISABLE everything on there.
    then REBOOT your iPhone, also from BossPrefs.

- another trick tht I've learned is that, try switching the EDGE/3G on and off. for some reason it helped mines get the signal faster.

I hope this helps.

have a nice day

no luck
    Note that i have the latest baseband...

When i turn on the iphone, it actually recognizes fido for a split second... and then show no service...
    Last edited by doberman; 2009-04-07 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2.30.03?

well i have the same baseband also, mines is FW 2.2 and baseband 2.30.03
    try removing and then re-insert the sim.

actually i read that i had to get the latest Gevey . Gevey Plus 2... I probably have an old one now!

Quote Originally Posted by bucha_prasetio View Post
    2.30.03?

well i have the same baseband also, mines is FW 2.2 and baseband 2.30.03
    Then you have downgraded your FW, why? FW 2.20 has BB 2.28.0, FW 2.21 has FW 2.30.03. Downgrading the FW does not downgrade the BB

Quote Originally Posted by doberman View Post
    actually i read that i had to get the latest Gevey . Gevey Plus 2... I probably have an old one now!
    When BB 2.28 came out it stopped all previous piggyback SIMS working and new versions were released. The versions released for BB 2.28 work with 2.30.03 and, I believe, 4.2x.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial45 View Post
    Guy's I've got the 2.2.1 and running the new baseband.

I am going to be using the phone on vodafone UK. I have just ordered this sim, can anyone comment on whether it will work, or recommend any alternatives?

Many thanks in advance.

NO CUT UNLOCK SIM CARD FOR IPHONE 3G 2.2.1 TURBO SIM on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 12-Apr-09 23:56:51 BST)
    In response to my thread, it's working a bloody treat on vodafone UK, full 3g, signal fine for past 24 hours. Been in and out of signal in train tunnels and immediately comes back. Apps store and everything working absolutely fine, calls, sms all fine. Sent some sms had instant responses back etc.

Only issue had was I had to add in the data settings for Vodafone, I googled them and it connected fine after that.

Gonna give it a few more days stress testing see how it is, then if it has any problems just return the phone for refund.

I'm thinking of shelling out for one of those fully apple unlocked iphones, save all this hassle .

Glad to hear it
    What speeds do you get on Voda? Download the speedtest.net app from the app store (it's free) and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Glad to hear it
    What speeds do you get on Voda? Download the speedtest.net app from the app store (it's free) and let us know.
    I'm in liverpool city so got max signal / 3g link.

Just got
    Download avg 602 Kbit/s
    Upload avg 203Kbits
    latency 190ms

**** guys, just as I posted that amazing message about the turbo sim above. It doesn't seem to be working with receiving texts. Texts are the main reason I have a mobile so it's imperitve that these are fully functional.

I've sent out 5 texts to friends they have all received them within 1 minute but when they reply - i'm not getting the responses. This was fine last night, i received several messages without issue. I've tried switching the phone off and on several times but no joy.

Any settings I can alter or anything?

Edit -
    Just turned 3g off and got all my text messages through, - about 7 in all instantly.
    Hmm wondering why text messages are delayed with 3g enabled? strange one?
    Last edited by Serial45; 2009-04-08 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Crumbs! I thought voda's network was supposed to be good. That's almost as bad as I got on O2.
    On T-Mobile it very rarely drops bellow 1mb but normally I get 1200-1800kbs download - although my upload speeds are only about 180..

I am surprised about the texts, not sure if it's a voda thoing or due to the piggyback SIM.

Yeah don;t think it's a voda thing they are always spot on for texts. I had to type the following data in "cellular Data" (under settings) APN = Internet, Username = web, Password = web.

Do you think that has anything to do with the texting issue? Soon as I enable 3g, I get no texts, soon as I disable it they all come bursting through. I'm convinced this is a setting issue and hoping I can overcome it .

Settings seem OK. Do you have 212.183.137.12 as your DNS?

Quote Originally Posted by caveman35 View Post
    Hey man,

I just got this rebel sim card for $20.00 and it works fine...it is a temp solution you might wanna try it.

Good luck mate.

hi there! is it working fine with the rebel sim?? I also have 2.2.1 with a bb of 2.30.03 and months from now, its making me sick! don't have any idea where to start either buying this rebel sim or just wait the DevTeam to unlock it.. thanks

Until FW3.0 is released and unlocked your only option is a Piggyback SIM.
    My personal experience with them is that none are perfect but the total lack of support and lies from Rebel means I would recomend any other make except Rebel.

Default hi
    thanks!! do you know where to buy this rebel sim?? I already went to the malls and some cellphone shop, they don't have it yet.. I'm from the Philippines..

I wouldn't touch a Rebel SIM.
    Buy a Gevey or TurboSIM of eBay and make sure it is one that works with your BB.

Hi this is dave .I had to use the gevey sim . I have t-mobile so far so good only been 1 week but no problem with the 2 phones I have.

Don't tell us, but would I be right in thinking you are in the USA? Where t-Mobile don't have a 3G network that works with an iPhone?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast