Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g with 2.2 firm and baseband 2.30

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Not very. This thing sucks and so does their cust service.

They mailed me a broken one and it took 2 weeks for them to contact me to say for me to mail it back (which they wanted me to pay for).

Do yourself a favor and get something cheaper.

does it work tho...

Quote Originally Posted by jslynch66 View Post
    Oh and what the hell is so difficult about BB 2.30.03, they have cracked every other BB from day one, come on really.
    Even if the Dev Team could crack it , they won't. You obviously have very little idea what you are talking about so I suggest you head for the Dev Team's Blog where it has been explained what the problems are and why they will not release anything until the new iPhone is out.

does it work tho...
    No, off course not!
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-03-14 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Even if the Dev Team could crack it , they won't. You obviously have very little idea what you are talking about so I suggest you head for the Dev Team's Blog where it has been explained what the problems are and why they will not release anything until the new iPhone is out.

No, off course not!
    wow I must be such a noooobie, possibly unlike you I have better things to do than sit around and watch paint dry. I like to spend as little time as possible reading about iphone unlocking. I need just enough info to update and hack my phone.

wow I must be such a noooobie, possibly unlike you I have better things to do than sit around and watch paint dry. I like to spend as little time as possible reading about iphone unlocking. I need just enough info to update and hack my phone.
    Then dont make such stupid comments as

Oh and what the hell is so difficult about BB 2.30.03, they have cracked every other BB from day one, come on really.
    And don't come crying when you screw it up.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

yea and I got the turbo sim in the mail today and its crap.

Different 'piggyback' SIMS work differently on different networks. What network/Country are you using and maybe someone can tell you what has worked for them.
    What TurboSIM did you buy - did it say it works with 2.30.03? What problems are you having? Does it work at all?

yea it said that it would work on 2.30.03, Its ismart phone turbo sim off ebay? Im using the phone in Arizona. The issue is I dont get any service I may just ditch the 3G there is no reason to have it other than for bragging rights.

use the gevey plus sim (tmobile) very good so far

jaas

Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
    use the gevey plus sim (tmobile) very good so far

jaas

Did u snag that off ebay?

A few people have reported Gevey SIMs work well with T-Mobile in the USA - but there is little point in having a 3G phone and not being able to use 3G!

yea thats what I have come to realize im probably just gonna get rid of it

i know im not an expert at these things, but heres what I did.

i also have an iPhone 3G, 2.2 with baseband 2.30.03

i bought a sim adapter called "GEVEY" u can find that on ebay, very cheap

I travel a lot, and it works PERFECTLY. ive used it with Vodafone in UK, T-Mobile here in Los Angeles in the US, (my sister also said that it worked just fine in most of the Asian countries)

the signal is very stable, (don't be fooled by other brands, there are many fakers that wont even last a week)

I hope this information helps, to whoever needs a solution

Like I say Gevey's have been reported to work well on T-Mobile in the US but for any other network I would recommend finding someone on that network that is happy with their piggybackSIM - they work differently on different networks

as i mentioned earlier,

my sister lives in Indonesia, she uses a local carrier called "telkomsel" and another one called "indosat"

they seem to work just fine.

in fact, im texting here right now as im writing this.

GEVEY seems the way to go, if u want an internationally compatible iPhone.

Like I say - they might work on some networks very well...

any suggestions for a sim hack for Canada (rogers and fido networks)??

i would recommend the GEVEY sim adapter.

it works very well, in almost anywhere on the globe. (i've tried it in the continental US, parts of Europe, majority of Asian countries)

if it worked in those places, then it should work just fine for u mate.

Guy's I've got the 2.2.1 and running the new baseband.

I am going to be using the phone on vodafone UK. I have just ordered this sim, can anyone comment on whether it will work, or recommend any alternatives?

Many thanks in advance.

NO CUT UNLOCK SIM CARD FOR IPHONE 3G 2.2.1 TURBO SIM on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 12-Apr-09 23:56:51 BST)

If it doesn't he will give you your money back.

The main problem you need to check for is when you lose your 3G signal does it get it back?

I bought one and the seller then found problems with T-Mobile and Three in the UK but they were fine with Orange and Voda - but that was with FW 2.20. He had no problem refunding my money and changed his eBay page when he found the problems.

It might be worth dropping the seller an email before ordering if you are not to late, just to confirm.

i'll give the sim a go at the end of the day it's only a tenner, I think I picked the worse bloody time to buy an iphone, think i'll just return it for a refund tbh and wait for the software unlock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast