Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading from 2.2.1

Default downgrading from 2.2.1
    I recently Jailbroke my brothers new 3G iPhone while he was running firmware 2.2. I made the mistake of leaving him alone with a computer and he plugged his phone in a decided to update to 2.2.1 or as he calls it "back to the boring iPhone." I tried to restore his phone back to the 2.2 from a backup I downloaded but every time I tried it would make it half way through and report an error. I was curious if anyone had any tips for doing the restore or if anyone knows if it is even possible.

Thanks

There is no downgrade solution right now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Luded83 (2009-01-30), mYiPhOnE7 (2009-02-06)

im having a similar problem but im using a diff sim card than the original and i was wonderin if there was any way to unlock it w/o using quickpwn since it doesnt work on the new 2.2.1 version. i dont even care if i can jailbreak ill wait for them to come out with a new version of pwn. i saw a lockdownd patch but the only the only gen i found it worked for was the 1st gen need help either i find a unlock or i go back to a busted razor please

Yellowsn0w is the ONLY thing that will unlock a 3g.

And 2.2.1 BREAKS YellowSn0w .

2.2.1 is not unlockable. Yet.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-01-29 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the only real purpose of the 2.2.1 update was to break yellowsn0w....really....it was. those who updated now have to wait for the new solution from the dev team. that is all
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.