Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: infamous question on upgrading

Default infamous question on upgrading
    Okay well, I was one of the lucky few that went out and bought an iphone right when the 4gigs hit $300. At the time, no one was really set on one good way for me to unlock my iphone therefore took me many many hours of headache and stress. I have 1.0.2 and do not want to risk losses to certain things.

I did some searching and I guess I can simply upgrade to version 1.1.4 on itunes then run Ziphone 2.5 and it will do everything for me correct? My question is whether or not this is the only way? I will lose my 3rd party applications in doing so.

Also another important thing for me is that I currently have the $4.99 T-zones add-on plan from tmobile and I did a little programming following instructions on a reputable site (can't recall now) for me to have full access to the ub3r slow internet without paying the whopping 20 or so dollars. If and when I upgrade will I lose this feature?

I had plans to never upgrade and appreciate my iphone for what it is, however with all these new applications coming out and me not being able to install them because of my ub3r old version is getting to me. That and I'd like to have mass texting.

Thanks for any input.

I've never worked with a 4 gig iphone, but i[m pretty sure ziphone 2.5 will unlock and jailbreak it (1.1.4) all with one click.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angelzhope720 View Post
    I did some searching and I guess I can simply upgrade to version 1.1.4 on itunes then run Ziphone 2.5 and it will do everything for me correct? My question is whether or not this is the only way? I will lose my 3rd party applications in doing so.

Also another important thing for me is that I currently have the $4.99 T-zones add-on plan from tmobile and I did a little programming following instructions on a reputable site (can't recall now) for me to have full access to the ub3r slow internet without paying the whopping 20 or so dollars. If and when I upgrade will I lose this feature?

I had plans to never upgrade and appreciate my iphone for what it is, however with all these new applications coming out and me not being able to install them because of my ub3r old version is getting to me. That and I'd like to have mass texting.

Thanks for any input.
    Yes & Yes...you will loose 3rd party apps but you can re-install them. Sync and back up your data before you update...

I believe the free T-Mo internet fix only goes up to version 1.1.3. Fix for the 1.1.4 won't be far away tho...

There are a lot of advantages to updating your firmware. Reading up on what each version offers is a must so you can figure out what you want / need and go for it...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rvlyssup For This Useful Post:

angelzhope720 (2008-03-04)

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post

I believe the free T-Mo internet fix only goes up to version 1.1.3. Fix for the 1.1.4 won't be far away tho...
    Can someone verify this?

someone help bump
    Last edited by angelzhope720; 2008-03-05 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost