Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: at&t run away slave thinking about returning! (unhappy jail breaker)

Default at&t run away slave thinking about returning! (unhappy jail breaker)
    Recently I jailbreaked my 1.1.4 iPhone with Ziphone 2.5. I've had my phone with at&t since august. Since I've jailbreaked I'm running into a couple of issues; some, not all of my emails take my back to the the summerboard when attempting to open, also I'm getting "Main script execution failed!" messages when trying to install and when I tried to backup and restore in iTunes I get an error and can't do so.

Now I'm thinking I made a mistake, and wishing I never left "home." I noticed that the iPhone runs better "in Jail" and all of the most importand features of my phone were working fine. Email is my #1 app and now that's not working properly. Most of the apps I've dowloaded in installer don't even work for me.

Any suggestions or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by atharee View Post
    Recently I jailbreaked my 1.1.4 iPhone with Ziphone 2.5. I've had my phone with at&t since august. Since I've jailbreaked I'm running into a couple of issues; some, not all of my emails take my back to the the summerboard when attempting to open, also I'm getting "Main script execution failed!" messages when trying to install and when I tried to backup and restore in iTunes I get an error and can't do so.

Now I'm thinking I made a mistake, and wishing I never left "home." I noticed that the iPhone runs better "in Jail" and all of the most importand features of my phone were working fine. Email is my #1 app and now that's not working properly. Most of the apps I've dowloaded in installer don't even work for me.

ive had that problem a few times all i did was re jailbreak the phone using ziphone and i watched what i installed alot of community source files will **** up 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LordSati For This Useful Post:

atharee (2008-03-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default main script execution error
    the same thing happened to me if you find out how to fix it let me know otherwise im jus gonna re jailbreak it tomrrow thanx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jessedale08 For This Useful Post:

atharee (2008-03-05)

dude, look up on this thread list in this forum and check out my how to: jailbreak and run stable thread.

Your problem is BSD subsystems. It sucks.

Do yourself a favor, restore the phone with iTunes and open my how-to.

You will have no problems if you jailbreak the way I have laid out.

Restore the phone first though. Then follow step by step.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tackett For This Useful Post:

atharee (2008-03-05)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atharee View Post

These are two common issues and have nothing to do with ZiPhone. First, if you updated to 1.1.4 instead of restoring to it, your old Installer.app preference files (Plists) will remain in place. So the newly installed Installer.app conflicts with the old plists and you have execution errors.

Second, if you back up your iPhone via iTunes and then restore that back up after a jailbreak, this has caused some people issues with Mail. After jailbreaking and reconnecting to iTunes, set the iPhone up as a new device and don't restore the backup.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

atharee (2008-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    These are two common issues and have nothing to do with ZiPhone. First, if you updated to 1.1.4 instead of restoring to it, your old Installer.app preference files (Plists) will remain in place. So the newly installed Installer.app conflicts with the old plists and you have execution errors.

Second, if you back up your iPhone via iTunes and then restore that back up after a jailbreak, this has caused some people issues with Mail. After jailbreaking and reconnecting to iTunes, set the iPhone up as a new device and don't restore the backup.
    Couldnt Explain It Better Myself

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iCity11 For This Useful Post:

atharee (2008-03-05)

Thanks everyone who responded, I will follow the advice. Just a couple of points:

Do yourself a favor, restore the phone with iTunes and open my how-to
    An error occurs when I try to restore in iTunes. Also, the first time I jailbreaked my iPhone was after I updated, so if I understand Eurisko correctly there should be no previous apps like installer conflicting.

the first time I jailbreaked my iPhone was after I updated
    I meant before I jailbreaked my phone I was already updated to 1.1.4
    Last edited by atharee; 2008-03-05 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost