Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: successfully jailbreak 1.1.4 and run in a STABLE manner.

Quote Originally Posted by macaholic415 View Post
    Hey Tackett, I just wondering, when I get to step 21, can I have the ability to SSH into the phone instead of using iPhoneBrowser, meaning will I have Wifi capablility to do this? The reason I'm asking is because I am use a MAC. Thanks in advance.

Backup your current settings and restore from backup. Wifi settings should stay and you can ssh that way. You can ssh through USB as well, so you may want to do it that way instead of restoring a saved backup. I done know squat about macs so as far as specific questions I can't be much help.

Hope this helps.

Well i read your guide and it seems simple enough, I'm a 1.1.1 person, but a friend of mine just got a 8GB OTB 1.1.4 and he wanted me to jailbreak it for him so i just wanted to make sure that this process will work for OTB 1.1.4 iphones without repercussions, thanks for the help!

sry and one more thing, what would be the best program to do this on because I have a Mac and a PC so either platform is fine for me to work on.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by wakeboardnmoto; 2008-03-20 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

my mail app is crashing now... :/

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardnmoto View Post
    Well i read your guide and it seems simple enough, I'm a 1.1.1 person, but a friend of mine just got a 8GB OTB 1.1.4 and he wanted me to jailbreak it for him so i just wanted to make sure that this process will work for OTB 1.1.4 iphones without repercussions, thanks for the help!

sry and one more thing, what would be the best program to do this on because I have a Mac and a PC so either platform is fine for me to work on.
    Thanks again!
    ziphone works with the mac as well as PC. As for the browsing software like iphonebrowser, im not positive. I am not a mac user and havent even seen the OS since 1999. Im sure someone on the board can point you in the right direction.

As for OTB 1.1.4, it should be much simpler. Just jailbreak with ziphone and install the apps mentioned. No upgrade necessary.

sorry for taking forever to respond.
    Last edited by Tackett; 2008-03-30 at 08:02 PM.

Install when well but i keep getting program fail ..error. what shall i do

Quote Originally Posted by cbrluv View Post
    Install when well but i keep getting program fail ..error. what shall i do
    Slight more information is needed here bub.

Error when, what type, what does it say, what are you trying to do in the process? How far did you get before the message?

saying "I have an error, help me." is not helpful and diagnostically impossible.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tackett For This Useful Post:

mainc21 (2008-04-20)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just did the 1.1.4 jailbreak using your instructions, and everything went smoothly on the first try. Thanks for the Tutuorial.

glad it worked for you:

Cydia can be found in this specific repository:
    http://apptapp.saurik.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123