Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: successfully jailbreak 1.1.4 and run in a STABLE manner.

Quote Originally Posted by J-mac View Post
    Seems after following your instructions to a "T" there were only 3 sources available and subsequently, fake BSD Subsytem and Open SSH were not available in any of the installer areas.

Yes, I did install all the sources and I did refresh...

Weird. Open ssh should be on there in the three default sources. I'm not sure exactly which repository has it.

Look on your source list and write down what it lists. Better yet take a screenshot of it if you can. If those programs are not available for install then you don't have the sources installed correctly.

This guide is slick. Props to you for taking the time to create it. Props to ZiPhone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blakeman_21 View Post
    This guide is slick. Props to you for taking the time to create it. Props to ZiPhone as well.
    Thanks buddy I'm glad it seems to be working for everyone. I had such a massive problem getting this firmware jailbroken and running like a stock phone, I was sure that everyone else was having the same issues.

The biggest thing that I have noticed, typing on the keyboard has NO LAG whatsoever. I just thought the laggy slow typing was normal iPhone performance. I was happily proven wrong on that.

Ummm. Why not.

Restore to 1.1.4
    Then use Ziphone.

Seems a lot simpler.

Uhhh that'ls pretty much what I said to do. The only difference in this write-up and doing it the "normal way." is the software install. Bypassing BSD subsystems seems to me the best way to make the phone stable and quick. I just thought posting the steps to achieving this would be much easier and clearer than simply stating:

Restore to 1.1.4
    jailbreak with ziphone
    install cydia and fake bsd subsystems

I think stating the above would have done nothing but confuse people.

just trying to help others :dunno:

thanks a lot for this guide.. highly appreciated

Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatstuff451 View Post
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    If you restore you will lose everything on the phone that you have installed. However you can back the phone up before restoring and then load from backup after restoring, then update if you are worried about your contacts. Bit as far as preinstalled apps...your screwed. Have to reinstall.

Short answer = yes.

Bumping for a member.
    Last edited by Tackett; 2008-03-09 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what is the difference in the 3 themes sections under install?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
    what is the difference in the 3 themes sections under install?

The themes (apps) section includes themes for different apps such as garf, categories and others

The themes (customize) section contains themes and images for the cistomize application.

The themes (smb) section contains summerboard themes.

There ya go.

now your method of jailbreak i followed but youtube and yahoo mail would not work...i did the patches, any other solutions?

now your method of jailbreak i followed but youtube and yahoo mail would not work...i did the patches, any other solutions?

they both work fine for me.

Sorry, I dunno. When you say "don't work" what do you mean? What happens when you try to use them specifically.

Did you restore the phone before following the instructions?

Is anyone else having these same issues with this?

i get the imap error for yahoo mail and i get the cant connect for youtube

looking into this now.... Sorry I have no answers for you at the moment, I will post what I find tommorrow. IF I can reproduce the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackett View Post
    no dice with customize on 1.1.4 yet. I know other way smarter people than me are on the case, and if anyone will get if they will.

Whether or not it happens before 1.1.5 is another story.
    If you're still looking to get customize on your 1.1.4, you could try what I did here.
    pngster

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Thanks!!
    Working awesome for me! I've had my Iphone since xmas and by god, this opened up a whole new phone!! It's like xmas morning all over again!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm in a similar boat I just opened my OTB 1.1.3 16gb and just upgraded to 1.1.4 via itunes. Now I'm fiending to set it free. If I jailbreak using iPlus or Ziphone, can I return the phone to the apple store, if I have any problems with it, by performing a simple restore. Meaning does the simple Jailbreak process do anything to the phone that isn't reversible or that is detectable by apple. Finally which is the cleanest jailbreak with the fewest # of repercussions toward future upgrades.

I know these all sound like newb question and I've been around for a while. I've read about the Boatloader concerns when unlocking, but I've yet to read anything specifically regard just a Jail Break and any potential concerns. I've been on an unlocked phone for the past 6 month...now AT&T forced me to get a legal iphone and plan and I want to make sure I don't screw anything up in case I do have to take it back.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-03-14 at 07:42 AM. Reason: sorry for rambling..didnt mean to jack the thread...

bumping this for those in the "having stability problems" thread.

Not trying to toot my own horn here, maybe we should sticky this since it seems that so many other people are having the same problems. I understand that it will be moot when 1.2 (2.0) is released but it seems so many were helped by this thread it would be good to leave it pinned.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tackett For This Useful Post:

KatetheKitten (2008-03-19)

Hey Tackett, I just wondering, when I get to step 21, can I have the ability to SSH into the phone instead of using iPhoneBrowser, meaning will I have Wifi capablility to do this? The reason I'm asking is because I am use a MAC. Thanks in advance.

In Cydia under the tweaks 1.1.4 folder there is a youtube patch. That should probably clear that right up. Dunno if it works for mail though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast