Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 Downgraded to 1.1.2 (Still on 04.04.05_G)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.4 Downgraded to 1.1.2 (Still on 04.04.05_G)
    I have spent about a week trying to fix my mistake of upgrading my 1.1.2 OOTB Jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.4 Jailbroken. (The reason i did it was to fix my YouTube and Mail) The entire week i had no such luck.

BUT today i managed to get my 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone upgraded to 1.1.4 back to 1.1.2 JB with YouTube AND mail working. Also, i never downgraded my modem firmware, i am still on 04.04.05_G

I downgraded from 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 and everything worked, i didnt jailbreak though.

Then i followed the tutorial for 1.1.3 downgrade to 1.1.1 at ( Downgrade 1.1.3 -> 1.1.1 )

When it came to downgrade the Baseband. I Stopped...DO NOT RUN THE BASEBAND DOWNGRADER.

Then i Shift/Option clicked on Upgrade and selected 1.1.2 FW

iTunes then upgraded to 1.1.2. Then i got a bad sim error in iTunes

Lastly, i ran ZiPhone for Activate Unlock and Jailbreak

NOTES:
    Although i have a 1.1.2 OOTB phone my bootloader was downgraded to 3.9

I am a legit AT&T user

I might've left out some info...i am not sure but i know i did it so it can be done...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to viligante8 For This Useful Post:

futurejordankid (2008-03-15)

helo,
    can you explain me how did yoy downgrade 1.1.4 to 1.1.3.im trayin for a days but no chance.thanks,Milos

can u explain how to downgrade thx!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got 04.04.05 when I unlocked a 3.9 at 1.1.2 with ziphone 2.5. I never upgraded to 1.1.4 though. I used the baseband downgrader to downgrade the baseband with no issues.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Downgrading firmware DOES NOT downgrade the baseband! To downgrade it you need to use Ziphone or a package in installer.

How Did You Downgrade 1.1.4?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Can you tell me how to downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9?? everytime i try to do it in iPlus, it still says 4.6BL?
    or do you even have to have 3.9 to downgrade or can i just stick with 4.6 and downgrade then upgrade to 1.1.3 like you did?
    Last edited by futurejordankid; 2008-03-15 at 02:44 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i did a ZiPhone Refurbish on my 1.1.4 iPhone and downgraded to 1.1.2, i thought ZiPhone Refurbish was supposed to wipe my BB, but it didnt (i'm happy about that, but curious why it didnt)
    Downgrading firmware via iTunes DOES NOT downgrade your baseband...

The Baseband downgrader will downgrade your BB, BUT as mentioned in another thread i was on, it is very risky, if something should go wrong whilst downgrading your Baseband, you'll be left with a very expensive and elegant iPod Touch

when I ZiPhone Refurbish, it boots me into DFU mode (which im guessing it should do) but then when I try and restore to 1.1.2 in iTunes, i get "the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1)"

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was discussing this with someone on another thread on the unlocking board, if your using iTunes 7.6 try downloading and installing iTunes 7.5 instead... and plug your iPhone lead into another USB socket. Try to avoid a USB hub.