Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help 1.1.4 NO SIGNAL

Default need help 1.1.4 NO SIGNAL
    i have updated my iphone to 1.1.4 with ziphone 2.5 , i was on 1.1.3 every thing worked fine and it says succesfully , setting>general>about 1.1.4 and 4.04.05_G. my phone works fine now , but there is no signal , i tried ringing my phone from a friend's phone and it says my phone is off, i restored my iphone from itunes version 7.6 , what should i do please help

okaay i was confused so i might wrote unclearly previously, am now on 1.1.4 jailbroken, activated and unlock , but there is no signal what shal i do
    Last edited by ali33; 2008-03-02 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    erase the baseband with ziphone, after that, enter dfu mode, restore 1.1.4 and that should do it!

Retired Motorola Modder.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eddie817 For This Useful Post:

ali33 (2008-03-02), nilan (2008-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie817 View Post
    erase the baseband with ziphone, after that, enter dfu mode, restore 1.1.4 and that should do it!
    can u please tell me how as i am new to the iphone,

Quote Originally Posted by ali33 View Post
    can u please tell me how as i am new to the iphone,
    To erase the baseband click on "Click to show advanced features" and then check "Erase BL 3.9 Baseband". Uncheck the three selections that were already checked by default. Then when you are done, in the same "menu", click on DFU Mode and then open iTunes and restore to 1.1.4.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

I have the same issue. OTB 1.1.2, was working fine with 1.1.3.

Restored to 1.1.4 using iphone, then ziphone 2.5 do it all. Now no signal.

I tooked at other thread and tried some of the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dicksharard View Post
    If you want to upgrade to 1.1.4, here's how to do it. Use ziphone 2.5 to enter DFU mode. Once itunes detects the iphone in recovery mode, use Shift+Restore and point to the location of the 1.1.4 ipsw file. Once it is done restoring, you should be at the connect to itunes screen on your iphone with a different language at the bottom. Open ziphone 2.5 with itunes open and select "DO IT ALL". In about 4 minutes you will have your 1.1.4 phone unlocked with 4.04.13_G BB and 3.9 BL. Locate me feature works fine. So does YouTube.

Contact me at ShawVegas on GTalk if you have questions.
    Tried this, still same.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie817 View Post
    Did that, still same.

SO far I have restored 1.1.4 and used ziphone do it all 5 times. Nothing changes. Pls help.
    Last edited by Rajputro; 2008-03-02 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajputro View Post
    I have the same issue. OTB 1.1.2, was working fine with 1.1.3.

Restored to 1.1.4 using iphone, then ziphone 2.5 do it all. Now no signal.

I tooked at other thread and tried some of the suggestions.

Tried this, still same.

Did that, still same.

SO far I have restored 1.1.4 and used ziphone do it all 5 times. Nothing changes. Pls help.
    i have restored more than 10 times man , still the same, no signal , i dont know what to do anymore , tried DFU mode and still no signal

Default addition to no signal
    I will try to make this sound less desperate and just provide some extra info on this issue.
    Brand new 8gb iphone (2 days old) upgraded to 1.1.4 via itunes on first install (probably stupid idea without looking at what it was before). Then used ziphone to perform "do it all" and as a result everything! is working except the signal. i have wifi, mail, nstaller etc.etc.

no matter what sim i insert I get "Searching" for a split second in the top left corner and then it goes to a fraction of one bar and stays like that. needless to say that if i try to make a call - it fails.

the only restore that completes without errors (shift-restore, or just restore through itunes) - is 1.1.4, but with no signal.

restoring to 1.1.2/1.1.3 gives a 1015 error, but the settings do show the 1.1.2/1.1.3 firmware - so it does downgrade, but still with no signal.

baseband is showing 04.04.05_G.

tried various force restore methods including power off ipod, disconnecting and then connecting while holding home button - users claim they get a yellow triangle and a message to ceonnect to itunes - nothing like that for me, just regular cable-arrow-itunes icon.

i am seeing more of these messages popping out on other boards, so it may be a new issue with new baseband/firmware. dunno. if anyone finds anything, please kindly post it here. it is nice to have wifi and all, but...

ADDITION:
    ok, so after reading more about this issue i want to share some thoughts and see if anyone agrees/disagrees. again, this is from what i have gathered and there is a chance i may have overlooked something.

a) if your iphone is new (like mine) chances are it is 45 week or later of production and comes with 1.1.3 and 4.6 bootloader. as of now there is no way to unlock it fully - especially the phone function. bootloader 4.6 was dumped and being worked don, so hopefully a new hack will be avaialbe soon. (found this here: http://www.winandmac.com/news/iphone...loader-dumped/)

b) i am checking my bootloader version right now (having a bit of a problem getting into the phone, but i'll get that done sooner or later) - want to see if refurbishing the phone actually took it back to 3.9 (which i doubt since i get no signal )

will update.

--update - checked bootloader - 4.6_M3S2, so refurbishing didn't downgrade.
    Last edited by vsteinhoff; 2008-03-02 at 08:25 PM. Reason: some more info

Good news everyone who has the same issue as me, I was able to fix it.

Apperently, something is wrong with the ziphone 2.5 download from the official page.

I downloaded the one from iclarified and it worked like a charme.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=746

Simply do this
    1. Download ziphone from http://rapidshare.com/files/96043485...ne2.5.zip.html
    2. Unzip to a folder
    3. Run ZiPhoneGUI.exe
    4. Since you have already restored to 1.1.4 and the issue is just "No Signal", just click on Do It All while itune is on.
    5. You will notice, it will run lot longer this time and once finished, all will work.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rajputro For This Useful Post:

ali33 (2008-03-03), iCity11 (2008-03-04), nilan (2008-03-05)

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Apperently, something is wrong with the ziphone 2.5 download from the official page.

Simply do this
    2. Unzip to a folder
    3. Run ZiPhoneGUI.exe
    4. Since you have already restored to 1.1.4 and the issue is just "No Signal", just click on Do It All while itune is on.
    5. You will notice, it will run lot longer this time and once finished, all will work.

I had the same issue,and restoring to 1.1.4 didnt fix the problem....
    i had to reflash bootloader AND THEN restore to 1.1.4!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

iamarquez (2008-07-29)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Simply do this
    2. Unzip to a folder
    3. Run ZiPhoneGUI.exe
    Mate your a genius i've trying to fix this all day done exactly as you said and i'm working now thanks!!

It says on the tutorial that it will downgrade boot loader to 3.9. i don't know if it is necessarily a good thing (very new to iphones) but i've been reading that it is not easy to upgrade back to 4.6 from that.

Yes this worked! You have to use the new ziphone 2.5 from iclarified and run do it all from ziphone while you are restored to 1.1.4 and while Itunes is open.

Default which bootloader / firmware?
    question is - will it work on 4.6 and 1.1.4 ? the newer phones?

and if it does - will it be possible to upgrade bootloader to 4.6 if needed later?

-----------update:

well, i took a risk and it did work. i have a working iphone with 3.9 bootloader, 1.1.4 firmware, and 04.04.05_G ,modem on t-mobile network.
    here are my steps
    1. get fixed ziphone
    2. "do it all" on z-phone. it will take a while
    3. still no signal
    4. ziphone - put to dfu mode
    5. restore in itunes to latest 1.1.4
    6. "do it all" in ziphone
    7. no service - change sim to t-mobile - hi-five =))
    Last edited by vsteinhoff; 2008-03-03 at 01:06 AM.

rajpurto u r the man ma maaaaaaan ,, perfectoo amigo,, cheers

oh my lord thank the heavens for this !!!!!! i love you guys seriously all of you.

Default bluetooth?
    now, do any of you that now have signal have bluetooth? mine is greyed out, and is in constant search mode. it can't find any devices. please check.

Quote Originally Posted by vsteinhoff View Post
    now, do any of you that now have signal have bluetooth? mine is greyed out, and is in constant search mode. it can't find any devices. please check.
    yeah mine is the same keep searching , but honeslty i dont care about that am happy finally i got the signal

ok, so it is not just me. anyone with same issue had any success geting BT to work?

I have the same problem.... I've tried with new version(2.5C) ziphone on two different computers and still same.

Here is what I did to get it to work.

1 Restore it to 1.1.4 with itunes
    2 Use ziphone version 2.3 just check unlock box only. close it when finish.
    3 Use ziphone version 2.5c just check activate and jailbreak file system boxes(they are under advanced features tab on the right) then click on perform actions right below it. Wait and done

Everything should work perfectly...
    Last edited by oceanboy; 2008-03-03 at 07:44 AM.

Not sure why you have problems with the bluetooth, mine is fine.

Thanks for giving me thanks everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast