Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrade to Stock

  1. #1
    Default Downgrade to Stock
    Im looking for a method the downgrade my 1.1.3 Jailbroken Ziphone phone back to 1.1.3 stock with no trace of 3rd party apps.

    I have someone who wants to buy it but wants it to be unhacked and able to take it in for warranty if needed. I've searched but most threads have to do with downgrading to 1.1.2 hacked.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 209 Times in 98 Posts

    You can use the newest version of ziphone and and do run the clean restore mode which will wipe it out and leave it ready to be updated to any firmware. Does a really good job of cleaning it up and is fast too.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bgattis For This Useful Post:

    Dator (2008-03-02)

  4. #3
    Is this also what i should do if i want to re-jailbreak it to 1.1.4

    Im also clueless to all of this bootloader talk. I see alot of people talking about bootloaders when downgrading or upgrading

    bump
    Last edited by Dator; 2008-03-02 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #4
    BE CAREFUL!!!
    the refurbish option downgrades the bootloader to 3.9 if it is 4.6.....
    ill explain--

    if u bought ur phone and it was version 1.1.2 or higher, u have bootloader 4.6...
    if u downgrade it, and apple checks what version ur bootloader is, they will not accept the phone for warranty....... so i would advise to add i.unlock.no, revirginise and then restore...that way itll be stock....

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    BE CAREFUL!!!
    the refurbish option downgrades the bootloader to 3.9 if it is 4.6.....
    ill explain--

    if u bought ur phone and it was version 1.1.2 or higher, u have bootloader 4.6...
    if u downgrade it, and apple checks what version ur bootloader is, they will not accept the phone for warranty....... so i would advise to add i.unlock.no, revirginise and then restore...that way itll be stock....
    I recieved a 1.1.3 OTB iphone after my 1.1.2 OTB broke. So refurbing it will not make my phone stock to send in for warranty?

  7. #6
    it will, but itll downgrade the bootloader...
    i would advise to just virginise baseband and restore...

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    it will, but itll downgrade the bootloader...
    i would advise to just virginise baseband and restore...
    Im sorry im very new to most of this stuff. How do i only virginize the baseband. Also once i do so i can just restore through itunes and everything will be fine?

    I was under the impression if i had a jailbroken iphone and i restored it through itunes aka help home and power till it said connect through itunes and loaded 1.1.3 from itunes it would brick my phone.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    BE CAREFUL!!!
    the refurbish option downgrades the bootloader to 3.9 if it is 4.6.....
    ill explain--

    if u bought ur phone and it was version 1.1.2 or higher, u have bootloader 4.6...
    if u downgrade it, and apple checks what version ur bootloader is, they will not accept the phone for warranty....... so i would advise to add i.unlock.no, revirginise and then restore...that way itll be stock....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dator View Post
    Im sorry im very new to most of this stuff. How do i only virginize the baseband. Also once i do so i can just restore through itunes and everything will be fine?

    I was under the impression if i had a jailbroken iphone and i restored it through itunes aka help home and power till it said connect through itunes and loaded 1.1.3 from itunes it would brick my phone.
    downgrade to 1.1.1 through itunes (hold home and power for exactly 10 seconds, let go of power button, then wait until itunes recongnizes iphone; then restore to 1.1.1), then do the steps in red...

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    downgrade to 1.1.1 through itunes (hold home and power for exactly 10 seconds, let go of power button, then wait until itunes recongnizes iphone; then restore to 1.1.1), then do the steps in red...
    Sorry i have tons of questions but i want to make sure i have this process right. I should just restore to 1.1.1 THEN download the revirginize? if i restore to 1.1.1 first wont i have a plain iphone without installer?

  11. #10
    nono u downgrade, and go on jailbreakme.com and itll install installer for u...
    not gonna go into detail tho cz it says it on like every guide ....

  12. #11
    Wow This Is Gonna Take You Some Time

    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  13. #12
    Im fairly new to all of this and im trying to take it all in. I just want to make sure i have everything right thats all. Dont hate!

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    nono u downgrade, and go on jailbreakme.com and itll install installer for u...
    not gonna go into detail tho cz it says it on like every guide ....
    This seems like a legit question. If i "refurb" the phone through ZiPhone it will downgrade me to bootloader 3.9 with what firmware? if it is firmware 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 can't i just restore back to 1.1.4 with itunes and recieve the newest bootloader?

    Also is there any thread explaining bootloaders and basebands? ive run a search but i cant quite figure them out. Mostly people complaining they messed the two up downgrading thats all

    Thanks

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dator View Post
    This seems like a legit question. If i "refurb" the phone through ZiPhone it will downgrade me to bootloader 3.9 with what firmware? if it is firmware 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 can't i just restore back to 1.1.4 with itunes and recieve the newest bootloader?
    bootloader cannot be upgraded or downgraded (ONLY FROM 4.6 TO 3.9)... they have nothin to do with baseband except that the phones that shipped with 1.1.2 baseband had 4.6 installed...

    Also is there any thread explaining bootloaders and basebands? ive run a search but i cant quite figure them out. Mostly people complaining they messed the two up downgrading thats all
    if u follow instructions, i think its hard to mess up... just try to restore the software and baseband... the bootloader (I THINK) doesnt carry any information bout jailbreaking...

    Thanks
    answers in red

  16. #15
    hey mans,using iPlus you can go from 3.9 to4.6 bbotloader too.it's so easy

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    answers in red
    Thanks a lot. Your by far the most helpful person on the thread.

    I have a bunch of friends wanting me to hack their phones for them because i've already successfully hacked my own. I just want to be more knowledgeable about what happens and what goes on, and the in's and out's of hacking an iphone before i put my hands on someone else's phone

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dator View Post
    Thanks a lot. Your by far the most helpful person on the thread.

    I have a bunch of friends wanting me to hack their phones for them because i've already successfully hacked my own. I just want to be more knowledgeable about what happens and what goes on, and the in's and out's of hacking an iphone before i put my hands on someone else's phone

    no problem, happy i could help

    sure, u should know what ur doin before u do it!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to luiz For This Useful Post:

    slufa111 (2008-03-09)

  20. #18
    After some days of research. This seems to the only and safe method to get your phone 100% back to normal while preserving the bootloader and baseband. If i follow your instructions will it be possible to tell at all i had 3rd party apps on this phone?

  21. #19
    if u were only jailbroken, then - as far as my knowledge goes - there should be no traces...

  22. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Ok i just have to ask this... if iPlus now offers a Bootloader updater, why not use ZiPhone to refurb then use iPlus to upgrade your bootloader? wouldnt that just be an easier way to do this process instead of following all the old ones of downgrading (very time consuming) then reupgrading?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •